Webcomic / Pawnstuck
A young carapace stands in his bedchamber. It just so happens that today, 000000-DB7093-FF0000-808080, is the anniversary of this young carapace’s cloning day. Though it was fifty-seven hundred Dersite cycles ago he was given life, it is only today he will be given a name! What will the name of this young carapace be?
Pawnstuck is a Homestuck fanventure
. It is about a familiar gang of four Carapacians that begin to play a game
named Sboard.Obviously, this is going to turn out just fine.
You can read it here
. Note the mirror has not been updated to the point of the original). The author officially discontinued the work on July 4th link
Pawnstuck provides the following examples:
- Accidental Misnaming: DD is rather bothered that his friends continue to call him "Droog."
- Adaptational Heroism: Sort of. Since Eridan takes Jack Noir's place in Sboard he's helping the players overthrow the Condesce rather than being a complete load, but his personality hasn't really changed; he's still a huge Jerkass.
- Alternate Universe
- Angrish: Karkat has a bout of this once he sees what looks like a sprite of himself.
- SS when DD "introduces" him to the cursor.
- Ascended Fanboy: HB. A huge fan of a webcomic called Homestuck (or this world's version of the Homestuck comic), now he'll be playing a version of Sburb himself.
- Berserk Button: Crowbar really hates seeing other team leaders laying down on the job.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: CD thinks his surrogate sister, PM, is this.
- Bizarro Universe: The Carapaces take the places of the kids and the Felt take the places of the Trolls. Meanwhile, Trolls and humans are this universe's Exiles instead. In Sboard, Alternia and Earth take the places of Derse and Prospit respectively.
- Black and White Morality: AR.
- Blood Knight: SS finds the chance to slay dragons awesome
- Break the Haughty: Both SS and DD.
- Cannon Fodder: Fairy-bull Lusii, according to Clover.
- Can't Live With Them, Can't Live Without Them: SS's take on everyone who isn't himself.
- Cloudcuckoolander: CD.
- Crossover: With the canon universe. So far, it has introduced Spades Slick and Ms. Paint wandering in an iteration of Alternia, and Calliope in a dream bubble with this universe's Jack and telling him the story of Bec Noir.
- Demonic Possession: Die went Grimdark in his session.
- Did You Just Flip Off Cthulhu?: HB tells Mother to shove it and gets DD into the game himself.
- The Dragon: Vriska and Gamzee are this for Eridan in Sboard.
- Eldritch Abomination: DD's "Lich Queen" Guardian, Mother.
S h-ę's c'o/mi__ng
- Even Evil Has Standards: SS isn't too happy to hear that he killed CD in a different reality, and he's even worried that he killed DD as well.
- Eye Scream: Die apparently stabbed his session's Grand Highblood in the eyes with his voodoo pins.
- First Post: Itchy posts this on Crowbar's memo.
- Future Me Scares Me: Double-subverted in that SS loves that Bec Noir caused mass-genocide in his own session, but is put off when Calliope mentions that Bec also offed Courtyard Droll.
- Genre Savvy: HB, having read Homestuck, knows what dangers the game entails.
- Go Mad from the Isolation: Almost happens to Karkat.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: SS and Mother.
- Happily Adopted: CD.
- Heel Realization: CD eventually realizes what a douche he's been to PM
- Intelligible Unintelligible: Quarters speaks in bird squawks, and only Matchsticks understands him.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: DD does not seem to remember his little run-in with Mother. In fact, he believes she's dead.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: SS, DD, and HB. Lampshaded by CD.
- Kick the Dog: SS thinks that Bec Noir becoming a psychopathic, omnicidal murderer is super cool... or rather he does until he finds out that Bec Noir killed his version of CD.
- Man Child: CD, even more so than his canon self.
- Mythology Gag: DD gets paired up with an Aradiasprite, in a reference to the both the fact that he's Aradia's Exile in canon and the common fan interpretation of him becoming a father-figure to Aradia.
- Similarly SS and HB get a Karkatsprite and Tavrossprite respectively, the two trolls they were Exiles for in canon.
- HB is a Shipper on Deck, referencing the scene in Homestuck where Hearts Boxcars tries to harass Tavros into kissing Vriska.
- Named by Democracy: Everyone calls DD Diamonds Droog, much to his annoyance.
- Not So Stoic: DD when HB goes against his plans and prototypes his sprite.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Suggested with SS when HB calls him out on going through a lifetime of archagent training but seemingly not knowing what an epiphany is.
- Only Sane Man: DD.
- Percussive Maintenance: How Crowbar gets his TV-Top to work.
- SS too when he can't open his cruxtruder.
- Psycho Ex-Girlfriend: It's strongly implied that BQ is this for SS, though there's also an implication that SS brought it on himself.
- Real Men Eat Meat: HB.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: HB to DD after prototyping DD's sprite with the Aradia doll.
CD: well the other day she said she was going to get food but later i checked but she was asleep!!
HB: SHE WAS PROBABLY ASLEEP BECAUSE SHE WAS TIRED FROM DELIVERIN MAIL ALL DAY
HB: IN ORDER TO SUPPORT YER LAZY HATLOVIN LIFESTYLE
HB: OR MAYBE SHE WAS JUST EXHAUSTED FROM HAVIN TO DEAL WITH YOU AND LIVE UP TO YER INSANE EXPECTATIONS ALL THE TIME
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: SS and DD.
- Ruling Couple: Mom and Dad of Earth.
- Serious Business: Nice suits, at least in DD's mind.
- Shaggy Search Technique: Karkat finds a hidden room by hitting his head against a wall.
- Shipper on Deck: HB secretly wishes all the Homestuck characters would just make out already.
- Split Personality: Die goes back and forth between Apologises a Lot and Misanthrope Supreme.
- The Starscream: In Sboard, Eridan takes the place of Jack Noir, and is helping the Carapaces plot against Her Imperial Condescension.
- Talking to Themself: Die.
- Tempting Fate: DD believes that the four of them can all win the game.
- Too Kinky to Torture: The Black Queen's response to SS making a threatening countdown is to ask if he's going to show her what a naughty girl she is. Than she asks if there will be whips.
- Translator Buddy: Matchsticks to Quarters.
- Treasure Is Bigger in Fiction: DD's world is covered in gigantic gems.
- Unmanly Secret: HB's shipping. He even tries to hide it after he's introduced.
- Unwanted Assistance: DD is less than pleased when HB idiotically prototypes DD's sprite with a doll even after being explicitly told not to. Subverted in that prototyping the Aradia doll turned out to be a pretty good idea in the long run.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: SS and DD.