- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Installing "Vesta" on a bunch of mining robots made them attempt to exterminate the miners (no mining drivers, defaulted to agriculture and pest control), they fixed it by running Linux.
- The Alleged Ship: The "Queen" is outdated and falling apart.
- Asteroid Miners: One job was transporting a team of moles to an asteroid mining colony.
- Asteroid Thicket: Supposedly averted
- BFG: Angus' rodent-portable Plasma Cannon, by name even.
- Centrifugal Gravity
- Chainmail Bikini: On Prudence's VR avatar
- Drop Pod: The "Buttkickers" have a couple of sugar gliders who scout out the landing zone in this manner.
- Everything's Louder with Bagpipes: Angus uses them for jamming
- Interspecies Romance: One of the moles actually proposed to Prudence, she refused.
- Intrepid Merchant
- Powered Armor: A couple of armadillos in battle suits appear, and demonstrate both the advantages and the faults with them.
- Private Military Contractors: Boadie's Buttkickers
- Retirony: Boadie was planning to take up farming after one last mission.
- Space Pirates: Seen in the final arc, mostly North African Jerboas so as to appear like Barbary Corsairs.
- Uplifted Animal: Uses a synthetic protein called "SmartUp".
Webcomic / Outrim
http://outrim.comicdish.com/ A hard science-fiction strip where humanity uplifts small mammals so they can act as expendable spacers and colonists. It covered the crew of the free trader Outrim Queen as they attempted to make a profit and pay off their run-down ship. Drew heavy inspiration from Traveller. Ended December 2008.