[[caption-width-right:350:[[AltText Curly is a naturally-occurring source of cold fusion. Aubrey doesn't have time for your silly mind games, Joker.]] ]]
-> "It's interesting that after 2.7 billion years of evolution, the trait that best secures one's genetic line is 'being delicious'."
--> Caption, [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/09/no-black-plume-27.html Comic #27]]
"[[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/ No Black Plume]]" is a webcomic started in July 2011 by Matthew "Curly" Jeffers (writer) and Aubrey Zepeda (artist). The comics are very short, usually single-panel, and usually deal with [[http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Absurdism absurd]] topics and situations, as well as science, literature, and social trends. There is no storyline or recurring characters, and most of the tropes are mocked or played for laughs. The comic is hosted on Blogger and updates Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
In addition to the comic, each update comes with a "Something Cool", where Curly and Aubrey alternate discussing something they enjoy and expounding the reader to check it out.
!!No Black Plume provides examples of these tropes:
* ACupAngst: [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/08/no-black-plume-8.html Here]].
* AddedAlliterativeAppeal: [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/09/no-black-plume-22.html Lil' Lolita]].
* AreWeThereYet: The "[[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/09/no-black-plume-19.html fighting in the back seat]]" variety
* ArtisticLicenseHistory: The history of [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/09/no-black-plume-28.html "Hangman"]]. Played for laughs.
* ArtisticLicenseStatistics: [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/09/no-black-plume-25.html Averted]]. According to WordOfGod, statistics is Curly's favorite branch of mathematics.
* ArtShift: For its six-part "Science Will Ruin Your Life" series, the comic switched to a black-and-white, FilmNoir-inspired style.
* BlackComedy: [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/08/no-black-plume-16.html Oh]] [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/09/no-black-plume-28.html so]] [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/08/no-black-plume-17.html much]].
* BlatantLies: Each comic comes with the authors' "credentials".
* ComedicSociopathy: [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/08/no-black-plume-5.html Here]].
* [[http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Cosplay Cosplay]]: [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/09/no-black-plume-25.html Played for laughs]].
* DependingOnTheWriter: Curly and Aubrey alternate writing the credentials that accompany each comic. Curly's tend to be shorter and simpler; Aubrey's are longer and more madcap.
* [[http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Eagleland Eagleland]]: [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/08/no-black-plume-17.html Flavor 2]].
* ElegantGothicLolita: [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/09/no-black-plume-22.html Played with]].
* GoneHorriblyWrong: Humanity. See TheMonolith below.
* HeadphonesEqualIsolation: [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/08/no-black-plume-9.html Double subverted]].
* [[http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Hipster Hipster]]: [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/07/no-black-plume-3.html Here]].
* ImYourWorstNightmare: [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/09/no-black-plume-21.html Mocked]].
* InkblotTest: [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/08/no-black-plume-7.html Mocked.]]
* InsideAComputerSystem: [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/09/no-black-plume-23.html Played for laughs]].
* IronicHell: A four-part series of comics on it.
* LonelyRichKid: [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/09/no-black-plume-24.html Here]].
* MoralGuardians: [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/07/new-black-plume-2.html Averted and mocked]].
* [[http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Narm Narm]]: [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/08/no-black-plume-8.html Subverted]].
* [[http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Neologism Neologism]]: [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/09/no-black-plume-20.html Played for laughs]]
* NoodleIncident: Comics will sometimes appear InMediasRes, between Noodle Incidents.
* OneOfUs: Both authors are huge nerds. They met through Quiz Bowl and share a [[http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Dungeons&Dragons Dungeons & Dragons]] party and a Laser Tag team.
* ScheduleSlip: Just once so far. The comic was posted later in the day.
* ScienceIsBad: Averted [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/07/new-black-plume-2.html here]] and played for laughs [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/08/no-black-plume-12.html here]].
-> Played for laughs again in the six-part "Science Will Ruin Your Life" arc.
* ShamelessSelfPromoter: Curly. He has openly asked to do guest comics, addressed to "EVERY WEBCOMIC EVER", and introduces the comic by saying, "You should check it out, click on the ads a few times."
* ShoutOut: Tons of 'em. It's the whole point of the [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/search/label/something%20cool Something Cool]] posts.
* SteamPunk: [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/09/no-black-plume-25.html Played for laughs]].
* StylisticSuck: The comics tend to be hastily-drawn to maintain a cartoony appearance. Taken UpToEleven [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/07/new-black-plume-2.html here]] and [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/09/no-black-plume-26.html here]].
* TakeAThirdOption: [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/08/no-black-plume-5.html And a morbid one at that]].
* TakeThat: [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/09/no-black-plume-26.html Against]] [[http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Twilight Twilight]].
* TheFunInFuneral: [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/09/no-black-plume-25.html Comic #25]].
* TheMonolith: [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/08/no-black-plume-18.html Played for laughs]].
* TheWarOnStraw: Inverted and mocked. See MoralGuardians above.
* [[http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Touche Touche]]: [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/07/no-black-plume-3.html Touche, hipsters]].
* UnderdogsAlwaysWin: [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/09/no-black-plume-31.html Averted and parodied]].
* [[http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Understatement Understatement]]: [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/08/no-black-plume-6.html Here]].
* [[http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Unicorn Unicorn]]: [[http://noblackplume.blogspot.com/2011/08/no-black-plume-11.html A rather dark take]].