My Roommate Is an Elf
is a comedic Science Fantasy Webcomic
. It follows the life of Harold, a normal human
, whose roommate is Griswold Strelich, an elf
. There is also a troll named Dearg who frequently visits.Some of the humor derives from fantastical creatures doing mundane things, but mostly from the way the characters interact with each other. The style of humor is similar to that of a Sitcom
- All Trolls Are Different - Dearg has green skin, yellow eyes, and ears similar to an elf's. He turns to stone when exposed to sunlight, and donned a cloak to attend a parade.
- Ambiguously Brown - Harold.
- Amusing Injuries - Some people like to abuse Griswold due to his Healing Factor. He doesn't appreciate it.
- Everything Is Better With Monkeys - Griswold's familiar, Glen, is a talking monkey.
- Familiar - Griswold has a talking monkey familiar, who is very quick to point out that he is not a pet.
- Four-Fingered Hands
- Good Thing You Can Heal
- Healing Factor - Elves heal rapidly from injuries.
- Our Elves Are Better - Obviously. Very long lives, Harold states that Griswold will likely outlive his great grandchildren, and Griswold mentions that Harold will be long dead before Griswold develops his first wrinkle. They also possess some magical ability and a Healing Factor.
- Our Fairies Are Different - Flint. They're small, and from a distance they appear as glowing spheres with wings.
- Taken for Granite - Dearg, when exposed to sunlight.
- White Gloves