My Name Is Q
is a webcomic using a style similar to that of The Order of the Stick
. Created and developed by Quin Azevedo using Corel Draw PHOTO-PAINT 8, the series is hosted on the Giant In The Playground forums. In can be read here
The story is about Q, a Physical God Shout-Out
to Star Trek: The Next Generation
, loses his powers and becomes a mortal where he is a powerless elf. He is found by a group of adventurers, who claim to use his infinite god-like knowledge to find treasure. He is later used to defeat the Darkness-wanderer
, another Physical God Evil Counterpart
While arguably not the best quality of art or story, with the only source of humor coming from Fourth Wall breaking
, it is actually better than it sounds.
This comic provides example of:
- Aesop: Don't do bad things or Karma will hunt you down.
- All Monks Know Kung-Fu: Green-shirted Q is a monk technically, and sings the song "Everybody Was Kung-Fu Fighting" when during his final smash.
- Annoying Arrows: Q shoots the Darkness-wanderer with an arrow and he dosen't seem too fazed by it.
- Author Avatar
- Badass Decay: Darkness-wanderer did pretty well until he lost his powers
- Big Bad: The Darkness-wanderer
- Big Damn Heroes: A little subverted. Q attempted to save his wife, but actually put her, himself, and everybody else in much more danger theoretically.
- Blade on a Stick: Porky's weapon.
- Book Ends
- The Brute: Bortak, the Gargoyle Barbarian King.
- Chekhov's Gun: The ability to regain powers by a simple selfless act.
- The Chess Master: The Darkness-wanderer.
- Crowning Moment Of Awesome: Green-shirted Q kicking ass while singing "Kung Fu Fighting".
- Defeat Means Friendship: Averted until Bortak joins the good side the fourth time he is defeated. When the Xeneria "defeats" him, he goes back to the evil side.
- The Dragon: Xeneria and Bortak can both be considered dragons.
- Embarrassing First Name: Gilligan Grinly. Although it isn't a particularly big deal.
- Evil Gloating: From both good guys and bad guys.
- Eye Beams: The Azevedriods and Grinly.
- Eyepatch of Power: Grinly gets one of these.
- Fan Nickname: GSQ/Q2
- Five-Man Band:
- Heel-Face Turn and Face-Heel Turn: Bortak.
- Lampshade Hanging: Almost everything is lampshaded.
- Losing Your Head: Happens to Q.
- Love Triangle: Both Porky and Carl love Sarah, who is oblivious to this.
- Mecha-Mook: The Azevedroids.
- No Fourth Wall: The only source of humor.
- No Name Given: Carl's name is only mentioned outside the comic.
- One-Letter Name: Q
- Our Dragons Are Different: Carl, who is a gnome who turned into a dragon using a certain Dungeons & Dragons prestige class.
- Perky Female Minion: Xeneria
- Pet the Dog: Q is really self centered, but shows he actually really cares for "GS"Q.
- Until his own safety is jeopardized, that is.
- Prequel: This story is a prequel to Avatar Battle Royale.
- Proud Warrior Race Guy: Porky
- Quirky Miniboss Squad: Bortak, his gargoyles, and Xeneria at one point.
- Really 700 Years Old: Grinly
- Red Shirt: Averted in Q.
- Robotic Reveal: Grinly again
- RPG Mechanics Verse: The World seems to be a combination of Dungeons & Dragons plus Super Smash Bros..
- Screw the Rules, I Have Plot!
- Sequel Hook: So many
- This Is for Emphasis, Bitch!: "He's back.....Bitches!"
- Title Drop