monospace is a gag-per-day ASCII Art webcomic which follows the exciting adventures and intriguing conversations of several "typographic sentiences" inhabiting the world of monospace.Updates on Tuesdays and Fridays.
Tropes used by this webcomic:
- Abandoned Info Page: Or at least an extremely uninformative one.
- all lowercase letters: "capital letters do exist in monospace, but they are typically only used by the noble classes."
- Alt Text
- Another Dimension: Seeing as how monospace "lies among the spaces following the last carriage return," it may actually be more of a Pocket Dimension.
- ASCII Art
- Cut and Paste Comic: Literally.
- Jenny Everywhere: Mentioned on the character sheet, although she has yet to actually appear in the comic.
- Painting the Medium
- Medium Awareness: The characters are all perfectly aware of the fact that they are made of text.
- No Biological Sex: None of the characters seem to have one.
- Shameless Self-Promotion: You are reading it now.
- Strange Syntax Speakers: Everyone speaks with all lowercase letters.
- Sunday Strip: Every tenth comic is twice as long.
- Unusual Euphemism / Hold Your Hippogriffs: "Helvetica" for "hell".