Webcomic / Memories Of A Mixed World
Memories of a Mixed World
is a Homestuck fancomic
written by Jade Asturias and published on MSPA Fan Adventures
. It's about a group of kids, a mixed group of Trolls and Humans. Through the actions of one of the kids, they win a contest and receive exclusive copies of Sburb Beta. But warnings of destruction from four mysterious online stalkers hint at a more sinister nature for their adventure-to-be.
This Fancomic contains examples of:
- Alien Blood: This is true of the Troll Hemospectrum and the Sulfur Based Green Blood of the Jinn.
- Aliens Speaking English: The Jinn, despite being from an entire universe that had no capabilities of direct interaction between their and the human universe until very recently, and evolved completely independantly, all mysteriously speak the same languages as their geographic counterparts in the other half of the universe
- Asian and Nerdy: Subverted. Tyra is fluent in three languages, all of which she speaks with the level of natives, has immense skill at computer programming without any prior education, is a staunch Pokemon First Gen supporter and has an embarassing obsession with classic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. However, she also has the tendency to lay around in bed all day, spend entire afternoons consuming large quantities of snack food, and becomes highly offended if her intelligence is in any way attributed to her Asian heritage.
- Berserk Button: Don't touch Tyra's Pocky
- Blood Brothers: Priona and Matt
- Badass Bookworm: Alex appears to be nothing more than an accountant wannabe. However she later proves herself worth of her class.
- Blue Oni Red Oni: Tyra and Almas. The leaders of the Mixed and Jinn session respectively. Unbeknownst to them, they were each others respective guides through their sessions
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Tyra could be the poster child for this.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Almas' conversations tend to decay into nonsense very quickly, with her talking to herself long after the other party as left
- Cowardly Lion: Skalwa
- Cultural Rebel: Matt is the shining example. He is black, but his interests seem to be Anime, Heavy Metal.
- Tyra is like this to some degree. She has completely rejected her affiliation with Japanese pop culture, and alligns more with Brazilian Culture.
- Betree lacks any real traits of Trollness, seeming almost completely like an average British teenage girl
- Dark is Not Evil: Despite the world of the Jinn being a universe shrouded in constant darkness, they themselves are not anymore inherently evil than any other species.
- Dojikko: Mina suffers from this greatly
- Don't Look at Me!: Skalwa and her panic at revealing her face
- Ethical Hedonist: Ivan
- Everyone Is Related: The Entire main cast
- Fantastic Racism: Genous has a almost fanatical hatred of humans and overly romantized ideals of troll society, dispite the fact that he is of a very low caste.
- Fate Worse Than Death: The End for Jovden and his dancestor Ofidia
- The Friend Nobody Likes: Genous
- Human Subspecies: The Jinn
- Japanese Politeness: Inverted. Tyra is by far the most combative and abrasive character in the entire group, often pointing out very minute flaws with the group and actively trying to fight with them for no reason other than revenge for some minor transgression.
- Jerkass: Genous
- Jerkass Façade: Tyra
- Kids Are Cruel: the Jinn
- Klingon Scientists Get No Respect: Psychology is considered a pseudoscience amongst the Jinn, and it's practitioners are highly mocked.
- Lipstick Lesbian: Tyra
- "Not If They Enjoyed It" Rationalization: Genous gets this way when Matt begins to give him a well deserved thrashing for sexually harrassing Priona.
- Omniglot: Tyra knows three languages at native level.
- Silicon-Based Life: The Jinn have Biology based on Sulfur.
- Sophisticated as Hell: Genous upholds the illusion of sophistication and educated eloquence but looking past will reveal his ardent racism, and it isn't hard to stress or confuse him into a state where he must spew nothing but racist slurs to defend his point.
- Son of an Ape: Almas constantly refers to the kids as "bitch" with some adjective to differentiate because she says its more fitting of their collective species. (e.g.: Tyra= Gay Bitch, Ivan= Nerdy Bitch, Priona= Slave Bitch, etc.)
- Sorry I Fell on Your Fist: Skalwa
- Stiff Upper Lip: Betree seems to be completely fine with just about anything going on around her. She is fully capable of having a conversation with Matt in the middle of beating imps to a pulp
- Surprisingly Good English: Tyra. Inverted by Betree
- Sweet Tooth: Tyra. This is how she spends everyday
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Ivan in the Veil.
- Why Did You Make Me Hit You??: Genous when losing an intellectual battle