"This is a web comic. Thatís all. A webcomic. About whatever we want. Thatís right. What we want."
— From the About Page
A webcomic, created by a mysterious person (or two people, it isn't that clear) called Writerandartist. Not much is known about this person(s), except that they disdain characters who break the fourth wall, and for some reason, the Artist might hurt the Writer's familynote
. And the Artist seemingly can't do that much drawing, only in stick figures. Reasoning unclear. The webcomic started on December 27, 2010, and runs Monday through Fridays. Here is a link to the first comic: http://www.magicandphysics.com/?p=25
Main characters as of creation:
- Wilai: A seemingly normal girl. She seems to be the catalyst for any character development by asking questions of the characters. Apparently is gay.
- SPDA: A gender-ambiguous genius, who is wheelchair bound and has no arms or eyes, but has a hat. Is also an Othello genius. Possibly traveled Time and Space once, and if so, probably obtained godlike powers. Read the whole thing here.
- Morgan Lillup: A robot girl, who can shoot powerful lasers out of her eyes. Had a nose, before pointing the nose out as ridiculous. It disappeared quickly.
- Marvil Happler: The 'normal' one of the strip. He uses his quick wits to mind screw people, get drunk, and pickpocket. Has a brother/sister called Sheldon/Shelly, who works in law enforcement. Marvil remembers Sheldon as a guy, but when picking 'him' up from the airport, 'he' was a girl named Shelly, who didn't think that she was ever a he.
That's all of the characters for now, even though the Writer seems to suggests that they need to introduce some magic characters in order to fulfill the comic's name.Which the Writer does, adding four new characters:
- Docket- An oracle who only has really big eyes.
- Raina- A vampire, who apparently is really powerful. No proof has yet been given, however.
- Whittle- A gay wizard. His wand has a heart shape at the top.
- Lucy Fieldman- A Monster hunter who really hates Oracles. Hasn't fired on anyone yet.
Magic and Physics contains examples of:
- Ambiguous Gender- SPDA is made of this trope, and is the main focus of his introductory strip. The Writer even states that they don't know what SPDA is.
- A God Am I- SPDA gives one of these speeches in the past tense, so it is more of a AGodWasI.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking- Heavily implied. A comic ran were the joke was the stuff the creators had on SPDA was so scary that they thought it was a joke, but they dare not approach Marvil, because his file includes Jaywalking.
- Beware the Nice Ones- SPDA seems like the nicest person in the strip, yet could have the most bloody back story, depending on whether the creator's are going to take the 'it was all a joke' or the 'it was real' path.
- Eldritch Abomination- SPDA goes fishing for one. For fun.
- Gender Bender- Heavily believed. Marvil, as mentioned above, has a sister who Marvil thought was a guy, but has no memories of being a guy. The Author and Writer seemed to know about it, yet didn't tell him.
- Mind Screw- Apparently Marvil has become so adept at these that just saying the word Mind Screw has this effect.
- Nice Hat- SPDA sports one, and Marvil does for his introduction, before selling it for beer. It returns, though.
- No Fourth Wall- Much to the creator's chagrin.
- Othello Master- SPDA is apparently one. Unknown whether he plays around with people's lives, however.
- Shout-Out- One of the more obvious examples is to Doctor Who ó at least the music of it, with their reference to Gallifrey: Our Childhood, Our Home.
- Stick Figure Comic
- Robot Girl- Morgan definitely is one, but not in a Fetish Fuel way.
- Robot Maid- Subverted, as when reading the list of roles for characters, it would have been assumed that Morgan would have been the maid. However, in reality, SPDA was the maid.
- Psychic Powers- SPDA (who seems to own most of the tropes here) has telekinesis, and uses it to mess with the creators.
That's it for now. Come back as more comics come out.