Webcomic: Lessons Of Dog World
Web Comic: Lessons of Dog World
The web comics launched in 2012 on Wordpress, by user Miss_Sara_101 or Margaret, as some know her, during her final year studying for a degree in English Literature. As a chance to allow the work to be available, the web comic series has been placed under Creative Commons, usually Attribution-Noncommercial, but readers are asked to contact her via Twitter to allow commercial use of the work. The comics on done either by hand with the help of a scanner, or on a paint program like MS Paint or Gimp, a free open-source Photoshop program. Mainly focus on satire, it has on occasion has create works to remains what is humor and what is not. In recent days, some of the works have been made available on her Flickr page, however, it's so far with the newer comics, although plans for the older ones to be places have been talked about.
Tropes that apply to the following:
- Due to the Dead: This issue has an angel asking if he can donate the recently deceased soldiers.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Many characters depicted as demons being upset when innocent people are in harms ways.
- Even the Dog Is Ashamed: Considered its anthropomorphic dogs, expect some of them being embarrassed at real world news.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: The Tagline - Gone to the Dogs... well guess what creatures the characters are.
- Jerk Ass: The mysterious Doggleberg has been proven to be one, through it's unclear who's the character is.
- Whoever it was that did a number in the locker◊.
- Nameless Narrative: Not of the characters seems to have anyone except one, Doggleberg
- Off with His Head!: The past two Halloween editions had this, like 2013◊, being a web comic, laws of nature don't usually apply.
- Shout-Out: Time and again it has been known to make a shout out to Real Life events and any forms of entertainment.
- The Mysterious Doggleberg is a clear reference to Dinkleberg.
- A reference to a sence in GoldenGirls◊ This one
- When John Cena won the 2013 Royal Rumble and The Rock won the WWE Champion, the character behind the stunned viewer simply says round two. This was a reference to the a year prior when the men made the same match with The Rock being victorious, only for John Cena to get even a later year.
- Take That: Often times, the comics reflects on a Real Life Problem
- This was released following a case in North Andover teen punished just for helping teens get home.
- Made in response to stories about Death Benefits due the Government Shutdown.
- This was made shortly after word got out.
- Made is response about a school avoiding to accept a diabetic child.