Webcomic / Lessa
In an apocalyptic world where humans can turn into a murderous race of horned humanoid creatures called Demans, a man named Raynold Berger hunts Demans in search for his missing sister Lucy, who disappeared five years ago on her birthday.
On the other side, a being named Lessa had just awoken to this world and walks among it's residents to observe how much the world has changed in his slumber.These two soon run into each other and Raynold learns about the history of the Demans and how Lessa has an important role in their past and future.
Original webcomic from Naver. Season 1 is complete and can be read in English here.
Season 2 can be found here.
- Always Chaotic Evil: The Deman
- A God I Am: Averted with Lessa who is a god at the beginning of the story. Played with Ares who takes the powers of a god.
- A God I Am Not: Lessa denounces himself as a god.
- Badass Normal: Rano and Jin are normal humans hunting Deman.
- Empowered Badass Normal: Rano, who is blessed by Ra somewhere in the middle of the first season and gains supernatural powers.
- Big Bad: Ares
- Bigger Bad: Dark Lessa
- Bishounen: Lessa, obviously.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Diane, Rano's previous reincarnation. Although, to be completely honest, we still do not know her exact reasons for betraying Lessa.
- Black Eyes of Evil: When Dark Lessa, who managed to escape through a small crack in Lessa's heart, takes over his body, Lessa's eyes become completely black - like space, with stars floating inside.
- Came Back Wrong: Ares when he was revived by Lessa centuries ago as a soul sucking immortal.
- Cat Fight: Subverted. Lucy's fight against Belle and Mindy-Mindy starts off with fanservice in the form of skimpy outfits, but it rapidly degenerates into a vicious, brutal affair where only one leaves alive.
- Crapsack World: In this world, if you're not rich enough to afford living in the Hexagon Field, your fate is practically sealed: you either become a Deman, or have your soul sucked out by one of them. Even more of a crapsack world after Ares takes over the Hexagon Field.
- Cynicism Catalyst: Diane's betrayal.
Raviel: After that day, Lord Lessa, "the complete good", lost his innocent belief. The only reason Lord Lessa could counter that woman was because he originally contained an absolute good that juxtaposed the absolute destroyer. However, since realizing that there is no such thing as an absolute good, he became more like us. Fearing betrayal, crying at unfairness, wishing that the world would change..."
- Dark Is Not Evil: Lessa.
- Dark Messiah: Ares makes himself out to be this. Lyod even calls him a savior to his people the Deman.
- Disappeared Dad: Rano's father, who was killed by a burglar many years ago.
- Dream Walker: Lessa.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: A lot of people have noted that Lessa looks remarkably feminine; there was even this one time when a man, who worked in a brothel, suggested that Lessa should work there for a couple of days. There is actually a reason for this: after Dark Lessa was sealed inside of him, originally a simple goat, his appearances changed to match those of her, as she was trying to get out.
- Eldritch Abomination: Dark Lessa. Also, to a certain extent, Ra, The Father of All Beings.
- Evil All Along: Played with. It was clear from the beginning that Ares, the current leader of demans had some sort of a hidden agenda (and, well, you know, the whole "being the big bad guy ruling over the Obviously Evil demans" thing), but no one could've guessed just how much of an evil bastard he is.
- Evil Is Cool: What a lot of people seem to think in-universe. Those criminals were sure very eager to throw away their humanity and become Demans because it's so amazing.
- Expecting Someone Taller: The first reaction of Demans to Lessa, their God and creator, is:
Deman: [surprised] That little one is our Father?
- Eye Colour Change: Lessa's eyes change their colour whenever he uses his divine powers. The same happens with Lucy, when Split Personality Take Over happens.
- Eye Scream: We don't see what exactly happens to Lessa's right eye, presumably, upon the fall into the ocean, but the results aren't pretty: later, we're shown a large amount of blood running down his cheek, and for the whole next chapter he's got a bandage, covering it entirely. And Rano in the second season post time-skip.
- False Friend: Diane. And Ares, as revealed in the last chapter of the Prelude.
- Fangs Are Evil: Subverted in Lessa's case, played straight with most of the Demans.
- Fiery Red Head: Rano. Also, Lucy becomes more like this in the second season.
- 5 Bad Band
- God in Human Form: Lessa. Also, Dark Lessa, who looks just like a human woman, and Ra, who resembles a man with long black hair.
- God of Evil: Lessa. Subverted, since while he is a god of night and death, he's one of the, if not the most, kind and innocent character in the series. Played straight with Dark Lessa, who's only wish is to swallow the universe and destroy everything.
- Healing Factor: Even with most of his powers missing, Lessa still manages to recover in a very short period of time from being impaled through his abdomen by a giant tentacle monster - the direct result of which was his guts being "all over the place".
- Hellish Pupils: During his transformation from a goat to a human, Lessa's eyes still have horizontal, goat-like pupils. Rather than creepy, though, it looks goofy and adorable.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: Lessa experiences a brief one after Ares takes away his powers and then throws him off the cliff into the sea, asking Jin to kill him, since he's "a corrupted person". Then he tries to jump out of the window. Granted, it was the second floor and, most likely, Lessa was aiming for escape, but still. Note, that when they stop him from doing that, he becomes borderline hyterical, screaming that they're not going to get anything out of him; judging by the bottle of pills and a glass of water we see afterwards, they had to give him some sort of sedatives to calm him down. Actually, understandable, since he was betrayed by someone who was like a son to him and who he thought would always be on his side. In the second season, we have Miena, who has been turned into a deman by Belle and saw Dark Lessa.
- Horned Humanoid: All of the demans. Also, Lessa, during his transformation from a goat to an actual person.He still has them, but they only show up when he's angry and/or uses his powers.
- Hornsof Villainy: The Demans. Subverted in Lessa's case.
- Humanoid Abomination: Lessa's true form is a giant, faun-like creature with goat's legs and ears, two huge horns curving back from his forehead, long wavy Rapunzel Hair and glowing pale-blue eyes.
- Humans Are Special:
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice:
- Irony: Before the beginning of the story, Anderson was dangerously ill. Fearing death and desperate, he turned for help to demans and immediately after turning slaughtered all of the other hospital residents, all the while blaming his doctor, Jin, for not finding the cure in time. The dramatic irony is in the fact that the exact same day when he gave up, Jin was going to tell him that they're, in fact, have found the cure and that the clinical trial had also been successfully finished. If only he waited for at least a day or even just a couple of hours more...
Jin: The one who made it good-for-nothing was you.
- Innocent Blue Eyes: Lessa.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Lessa
- Knight Templar Big Brother: Rano.
- Kill It with Fire: The Deman are weak to fire.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Lessa in the past.
- Luke, You Are My Father: At one point Ares calls Lessa the father of the Deman. This is also relationship between Ares and Lessa. With Lessa being the father.
- Mad Oracle: Loyd, who becomes progressively more and more unstable after Ares shows him Dark Lessa's current vessel, to the point where he sees 'fairies' instead of crows and obsesses over his books.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: There are several characters who slender yet incredibly strong.
- Mystical White Hair: Interestingly enough, in the beginning Lessa's hair were much more closer to white than they are now, which could be a metaphor for Lessa slowly losing his childlike innocence and purity. You can notice them slowly begin to change their color after he, full of despair, revives Ares, and finally, in the end, become ashen-grey, the way they're now, after Diane betrays and kills him. Compare this and his hair color from any other chapter.
- Nightmare Face: This manhwa has it's fair share of terrifying faces. For example, Ra's true form: 
- Now, Let Me Carry You: Lucy to Rano.
- Older Than They Look: Many Demans.
- Our Demons Are Different: Although Deman are much more closer to vampires than to actual demons, they have some similarities, those being horns, fangs, supernatural strength and an unholy power to take other people souls.
- Our Souls Are Different: Can be used to prolong one's life, can become a ghost, like Rano's mother who's still tied to their old house.
- Our Vampires Are Different: The Demon are kind of this. Sunlight burns them, they can sire other Deman, but suck souls instead of blood. They also have the fashion scene of the vampires from the Blade movies.
- Painting the Medium: Characters have different colored speech bubbles based on what they are. Humans have normal black on white, Demans have white on red, the Archangels have black on bright blue. The gods have unique speech bubbles; Lessa has white on dark blue, and Ra has black on a yellow to white gradient.
- When characters are using large amounts of power, their speech bubbles change to reflect this.
- Parental Issues: Ares. Lessa was basically his father figure, and most of his motivation stems from his relationship with Lessa.
- Pietà Plagiarism: Ares cradles Lessa's body in his hands after Diane impaled Lessa's chest with a spear and Dark Lessa almost escaped his body: 
- Playing with Fire: Ra’s powers Ignition.
- Please Put Some Clothes On: Young Ares' reaction upon his first meeting with Lessa. Lessa, not having any idea what modesty and nudity is, politely refuses, saying that Ares can keep it to himself
- Pretty Boy:
- Rapunzel Hair: Lessa had this when he was transformed from a goat to a man, then - in his true form, and after that - for a long time after he came down to earth.
- Really 700 Years Old: Ares was born in Ancient Egypt.
- Religion of Evil: This is how the Ares runs the Deman, his even the high priest of his religion. Later after taking Lessa's powers he becomes it’s god.
- Sacrificial Lamb: "This goat actually, Lessa has the only threat to this world sealed inside. It's a sacrificial lamb to save everything"
- Sealed Inside a Person-Shaped Can: The Dark Lessa was sealed inside a goat, the most pure being, who later transformed into a person under this influence and became Lessa.
- Super Strength: All of the Demans have it.
- Trans Human Treachery: People are more than willing to give up their humanity to become a Deman and there's even an application process. Once turned, the ex-human Deman stop caring about human lives and view then as nothing more then a meal. For example, newly turned Mindy Mindy has no problems with killing three people whatsoever.
- Technicolor Eyes: Lessa's eyes change their color when he uses his divine powers to a neon purple with blue and white.
- These Are Things Man Was Not Meant to Know: Dark Lessa.
- Time Abyss: Of the god realm's inhabitants, only Lessa is younger than the planet.
- Time Skip: Between the first and the second season.
- Too Dumb to Live: White, who attempts to extract Lessa's vapour for himself to become stronger without Lessa's consent and almost gets killed for his trouble. Also, Demans who attack Lessa in the beginning of the second season.
- Tempting Fate: The people inside the Hexagon Field have capitalized on the Deman phenomena making masks, plays movies, and even theme parks. Rano even comments on how dangers they are.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Ares.
- Where the Hell Is Springfield?: Where is Hexagon Island. Conjecture can place it as potentially in the Mediterranean (Ares is an Egyptian, and the island appears to have been initially settled by Europeans)
- You Cannot Grasp the True Form: When Ares sees just a part of Dark Lessa's true form, his eyes literally start to bleed.
"To encounter thing that has surpassed human imagination... The inexplicable being"