Webcomic: Laugh Out Loud Cats
"I have to ask: what even iz a cheezburgr?"A Retraux webcomic written and drawn by A. Koford, telling the story of Kitteh and Pip, antropomorphic hobo cats, spending their lives "ramblin', loiterin,' wanderin' and avoidin' arrest". The action takes place at the beginning of the 20th century, but the dialogues are written in lolcat english.Hosted here.
Tropes associated with Laugh-Out-Loud Cats:
- Alternative Calendar: Caturday! And Bunday.
- Barefoot Cartoon Animal: Lampshaded in this strip."I'd make a peach cobblr, but we don't evn wear shoes."
- Big Ball of Violence: Used frequently.
- Cardboard Prison: Usually tunneling out is easy.
- Doorstop Baby: Pip.
- Hobos: The Theme Park Version.
- Hurricane of Puns
- Lions and Tigers and Humans... Oh, My!: Anything goes. There are humans, there are clothed animals (including protagonists), there are even feral, but seemingly sentient animals (including antagonists: ducks and hedgehogs).
- Literary Agent Hypothesis: The comics were supposedly drawn in the 1900s, turned down by newspapers and spent a century in an attic until the artist's grand-grandson Adam Koford found them.
- Retraux: The comic is drawn as an early-20th-century newspaper comic.
- Running Gag: Tons of them. Usually overlaps with Memetic Mutation.
- _____ cat is _____.
- Usually when Kitteh meets other hobos, it ends with a fight. See above.
- _____ has a flavor.
- I made u a ______ but I ______.
- Invisibl ________
- Maps are useless. Either it's a wrong map, not a map at all, Pip and Kitteh cannot use it or something's wrong with the environment.
- Shout-Out: The whole series is a Shout-Out to LOLCats.
- Street Urchin: Pip.
- The Trickster: Kitteh.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Stew, made out of anything available.
- Kitteh's stogies (cigar butts, actually) also qualify.
- Vagabond Buddies