Webcomic / Kirby Blast
, previously a Sprite Comic
, is an Affectionate Parody Kirby
fancomic, that details the adventures of Betty, a human girl who woke up one day as a puffball. Now, Betty is trying to get home, and seeks the help of Kirby, Meta Knight, and other characters in order to do so. It was created by SolaraHedgie
and hosted on Smackjeeves.
The acronym is not to be confused with the other KB.
Kirby BLAST provides examples of:
- Alternative Character Interpretation: In-Universe, characters' personalities, such as Kirby's and Meta Knight's, are based on the author's head canons.
- Alt Text: It doesn't appear very much, but when it does it serves as as an explanation to something obscure, or is there mainly for humor.
- An Ice Person: Betty's second power.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Kirby had an instance of this.
- Big WHAT: Betty's reaction here.
- Butt-Monkey: Kirby, oh so much.
- Crash-Into Hello: It's how the comic started
- Creator Breakdown: Solara went into a two month hiatus due to the amount of hatred she was receiving towards Betty's character development and the comic itself.
- Completely Missing the Point: After being easily defeated by Master Fo, Kirby tries fighting Stephen. It didn't end well...
- Deadpan Snarker: In-Universe, Kirby is this most of the time. Though things end up turning against him afterwards.
- Determinator: Kirby refuses to give up or back down from a fight. This bites him in the ass when he goes against opponents he's outmatched against and gets his ass handed to him.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Betty has started calling Kirby "pinky."
- Epic Fail: Kirby, when he tries to attack Master Fo
- Gilligan Cut: Done with Kirby.
- Large Ham: Kirby; And how
- Meaningful Name: Betty's name originates from one of Solara's many nicknames, since she was originally her Kirby-sona. She was later changed into a normal fan character, but her name remained the same.
- Mind over Matter: Stephen, amplified by the bell he wears.
- Parental Substitute: Meta Knight is this towards Betty.
- Power Limiter: Betty has a case of this with her powers, since she needs Kirby's ex-stars to actually gain her abilities.
- Psychic Powers: Stephen is shown to have these.
- Reaction Shot: To Betty's sudden transformation.
- Scenery Porn: Solara has mentioned a few times that she loves how the backgrounds look in the handheld Kirby games.
- Schedule Slip: Solara ended up in almost a six month hiatus due to this.
- Tempting Fate: Kirby pulls this off in the third chapter.
Kirby: The day you get me to do something like that, is the same day I paint myself blue and let mullet-head over here, call me 'pinky'. No way am I doing something like that!
- The Cameo: Dink, Dell and the un-named Waddle Dee are all other people's characters. Solara only has them in the comic to serve as minor, one-shot, characters.
- The Voice: As seen here and here.
- Trapped in Another World: Betty wakes up as a puffball on Popstar with no idea how she got there.
- Wall of Text: Seen whenever Master Fo explains something.