Webcomic: Joy To The World
She's not evil, shes independent!Joy To The World
is a webcomic created/written/drawn by Johnathan Wrathborne. Updated twice a week its a 4 panel series about the daily adventures of an angry 11 year old hell raiser named Joy Fulbright.
Its an abstract comedy, thats part slice-of-life, about a girl with a big personality, a little lonely, trying to find her place in life as well as fending off boredom. Joy is a tomboy who doesn't conform to life's rules really, from terrorizing her divorced mother, teacher, or other students, she struggles to comprehend societies rules as well as stigmas.
With her friend Kimmy the artist, Neil the quiet thinker, she bounces off life's walls.
There is also a mirror
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Arch-Enemy: Joy considers Gary hers.
- Creepy Twins: The Singh twins.
- Expy: Joy is like an female, older, more cynical and violent version of Calvin.
- Freudian Trio: The three main kids. The impulsive and mischievous Joy is Id, Neil (described as the Straight Man of the trio by Word of God) is Superego, and Kimmy is the Ego, as she is somewhere in-between
- Groin Attack: Joy is always trying to do this to Gary.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Joy has one here.
- She asks her mother a very reasonable question here as well.
- Perky Goth: Kimmy's outfit is quasi-goth (in the author's own words), but she's relatively cheerful.
- Redheaded Bully: Gary, though we only have Joy's word for it.
- Sarcastic Devotee: Joys best friend Kimmy is very sarcastic and needles Joy about her actions and personality frequently.
- Shout-Out: Joy's outfit is stated by Word of God to be based of Peppermint Patty's getup in Peanuts.
- Apparently the author is a fan, he got the idea to not show the faces of the adult characters from Peanuts as well.
- The Smart Guy: Neil who is usually quiet and reads books is the smart guy. He ends up observing Joys actions from a distance and shakes his head.
- Straight Man: Neil, according to Word of God.
- Stuffed into a Trashcan: Joy, usually by Gary. Once by Kimmy.
- Tomboy: Joy herself is very much a Tomboy. Fighting, cursing, refusing to wear any girls clothes.
- You Just Had to Say It : Joy has a very big mouth and isn't shy about sharing her opinions. This often causes problems for her, and those around her.