Webcomic: Instant Classic
Instant Classic is a webcomic written and illustrated by Brian Carroll. It follows independent film maker Author Donathan's life in a fictionalized version of Connecticut. It can be found here.
- I Can't Believe It's Not Heroin: Pop (especially diet pop) is used as a standard G-Rated Drug, with the worker at the movie theater concession stand acting as a bartender.
- Heroic BSOD: Kate suffers one after learning that Orson Welles (whom she idolizes) voice acted in an anime (a genre that she regards as the lowest, least dignified form of filmmaking).
- Musical Episode: It'd had background scoring in it before, so it was only natural that it'd eventually include an actual musical number to play along with the comic as it was read.
- Prima Donna Director: Litchfield. And much of the rest of the cast, from time to time.
- Rebus Bubble: Usede within the void of nothingness for its characters to solve problems.
- The Rant: Brian Carroll is a filmmaker and thus the majority of his rants end up being miniature articles on film and movies.
- Title Drop: One strip revolves entirely around the expression "Instant Classic" and how it's a meaningless oxymoron (the word "classic" is defined as "having lasting significance or worth" thus a "classic" can't be "instant").
- Webcomic Time: An angry mob in Instant Classic shows up in a comic dated September 2007, but doesn't actually do anything until June 2009. "... How long have we been standing out here...?"