Webcomic: Ink Tank
InkTank is the blog/webcomics site of ex-Sierra cartoonist Barry T. Smith. InkTank is also the name of the current (since 2008-04-01) webcomic on this site.Former strips hosted at this site are:
- Angst Technology (2000/08/28–2005/06/20), the goings-on at a software company.
- Weak-End Warriors, concerning Pollock's Ranch, a paintball field.
- Sorry We're Open about The Citadel, a comics/gamers' store.
InkTank contains examples of:
- Author Avatar: Barry appears in the strip as a fictionalised version of himself.
- Klatchian Coffee: Dante's tipple.
- Last Name Basis: With the exceptions of head programmer Dante Mengotto, and
hackersecurity expert Salvadore Dali Llama (a literal llama who hasn't yet appeared in the present strip), we only know characters by one name. Dante's wife is known to us only as "Mrs. Mengotto", most of the characters on a first-name basis only, and Webmonkey and the IT Ninjas appear to be anonymous (as far as we're concerned anyway).
- Meaningful Name: See under "Web Comics" on that trope's page. Some of these may be accidental; there has been much speculation in the InkTank forums that Yaz (the contraceptive) may have been named after the character.
- Series Hiatus: Seemed to go on one largely unannounced for a time, the strip's page being replaced by a badly-spaced graphic of the tech ninjas peeking out at the viewer. The site now asks for a username and password, indicating it's been abandoned.
- The site is back at InkTank Studios.