"Academic romance, my dear friend if you still don't get it. (Though it's obviously over the top cliche I don't care)"Hildegarde
— Terry, fangirl mode on
arrives in the Academy of Practical Arts and meets a girl who suddenly pairs her up with the headmistress's son
. Guy sees girl, became in love at first sight. Hilarity ensues.
And oh, things happen conveniently as well.
Can be viewed here: Download onlySmackjeeves
Tropes used include:
- Art Shift - Take some pages and compare. Sometimes you can't help thinking it's Animesque.
- Bishōnen - Sieg, and eventually played for laughs.
- Butt Monkey - Terry, most of the time, she does this to herself.
- Chivalrous Pervert - Sieg's bound to be one.
- Creepy Twins - Terry and Amia.
- Deadpan Snarker - Claire, she's the embodiment of this trope. Also, Rich Bitch.
- Education Mama - Lucila, and it helps that she's the headmistress of the academy.
- Fangirl - Terry to Hilde.
- Fashion Dissonance
- Five-Man Band:
- Girl Next Door - Hilde, literally.
- Ice Queen - Hilde.
- Lampshade Hanging - Abused by Terry, see quote above.
- Large Ham - Terry.
- Love at First Sight - Sieg to Hilde. Terry even goes as far as lampshading this.
- Megane - Merick.
- Meganekko - Terry and Amia.
- Momma's Boy - Guess who.
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming: Siegfried, Hildegarde, Rebecca.
- Stalker with a Crush - Sieg.
- The Fashionista - Claire.