IJDC Comics is a webcomic, originally written as a project for school, it went into a hiatus after only a month. But now, it seems that he will be updating again, but on a more sporadic schedule.Genre: Slice of LifeCharacters:Devin Moore: The witty, misfit "protagonist" who's wacky antics and strange interests have labelled him an outcaste by most of the school. Currently dating Lindsey. Enemy of Ben GrammerLindsey: The beautiful, yet prone to anger "protagonist" who's odd interests and temper have labelled her as an outcaste. If it weren't for her relationship with Devin, she'd still be the target of all the guys' advances.Jack: The nice guy who just can't seem to catch a break. While he considers Devin and Lindsey to be his best (and possibly only) friends, he tends to feel like a third wheel. He often tries to be as witty as Devin, often with disastrous results .Sarah: Lindsey and Devin's good friend. Recently she's been having a recurring dream of kissing her best friend, Alex (as in Alexandra). She may be out only to her friends, but that doesn't stop the fact that half the school already believes she's a lesbian due to a rumor spread by Ben Grammer.The Story:IJDC follows the lives and wacky antics of a small group of friends dubbed the "Unclassifiables" by their school. Devin, Lindsey, Sarah, and Jack march to the beat of their own drum and don't let anyone else tell them to do otherwise.Note, that as of the most recent update, the storyline will be taken in a new direction and several months will have passed since the last update.He also stated that vast improvements have been made to the writing and the art. If the Image at the top of the page is any indication of how much he's improved, things look promising.
This series provides examples of:
- Aborted Arc: More like entire story line. Word of God says that the old IJDC comic will be pushed to the side and once the updates start up, the story will have jumped forward several months.
- Art Evolution: While in the process of the original IJDC, the author lacked any prior experience and was constantly getting feedback and advice from friends on technique. The result was a shift from very blocky characters, to slightly more rounded characters, then (after a summer long hiatus) this .
- Author Avatar: the author has based the four main characters on aspects of his own life. He has yet to specify who took what.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Lindsey has conversations with the author on occasion. She is also the only character who can see color, which was used in several strips in the original story as a source of comedy as everyone else lived in a world of black and white.
- Brutal Honesty: Devin points out to his already down friend that their social status at school is about as low as you can go .
- Fanservice: The 5,000 views celebration comic. And Subverted in the 15,000 views comic.