Webcomic: How To Raise Your Teenage Dragon
Zeke Fahrenheit is many things: confirmed bachelor (Mostly due to the fact he repulses every woman in a thirty mile radius with his lecherous ways) single dad (to a snarky teenage girl with a few extra arms and green scales), and film critic (Perhaps the most evil profession in the universe). One thing he isn't, is lucky.How to Raise Your Teenage Dragon is a genre-blending fantasy/comedy revolving around the sleazy and reviled Zeke, his adoptive teenage daughter Snapdragon Fahrenheit(who also happens to be a four-armed humanoid dragon) his lovably dense heterosexual life-partner Doofus, the lovely but temperamental catgirl princess Acinonyx, and a large cast of colorful characters as they wade through the murky trench that is life, while dealing with the occasional undead assassin and foul mouthed school administrator who happen to be Zeke's ex-girlfriend.The webcomic updates Tuesdays and Fridays and can be read here
How To Raise Your Teenage Dragon provides examples of:
- Affably Evil: John Deth is so goofy that you forget he's a rotting corpse assassin that has the Touch of Death.
- All Girls Like Ponies: Snaps is beyond just liking Air…
- Always a Bigger Fish: John Deth is an undead assassin who can literally kill with a touch of his bare hands, but he is completely creeped out and disturbed when meeting his acquaintance Kevin Deth (who's defining character trait so far is that he's a sadistic kidnapper for slavers) and admits that Kevin is "like three of him."
- Berserk Button: Hippie Matchstick is generally a real, er, hippie - just don't mention those A-cups of hers.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: How the hell those Mars Academy teachers still have jobs we'll never know...
- Chivalrous Pervert: Zeke is a total perv, but don't you dare do anything to threaten his daughter.
- Comic Book Fantasy Casting: Mortimer's look was apparently based on Peter Dinklage. Well, if you're going to feature a short person, might as well get the best!
- Cute Monster Girl: Snap is the cutest green four-armed dragon you could lay your eyes on. Most of her mythical high school friends also count.
- Daddy Issues: Don't mention Abby's dad when she's planning something naughty.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Assassin John Deth seems to be getting more and more uncomfortable with his rescuers, the slavers in Dubai.
- Evil Twin: Apparently Ekez, although Zeke gives him a run for his money. Depends on whether you despise sex or violence in your media more?
- Expy: Doc Mars is one of Doc Savage.
- Fan Disservice: Steely Dan's outfits are often kinky or sexual in nature, and very revealing, however due to Steely's pure white skin and her manic facial features, these outfits tend to come off as unsettling instead of sexy.
- Great Offscreen War: The Nephilim War Acinonyx was a part of and Snapdragon had a hand (or four) in winning. Not shown in the comic but seen in the prequel e-book.
- Human Popsicle: John Deth
- Invisibility: Kenny Wellseason has the mental power to render herself invisible to the mind's eye, or to cloud men's minds in other words.
- Judgment of Solomon: Acinonyx is familiar with the story apparently as it is her answer to her people's issues. The problem comes up when it's her only solution to their issues...
- Les Yay: Snap is instantly smitten when she meets her unicorn neighbor Air. Lampshaded by Zeke to his daughter, leading to a Spit Take.
- Mirror Monster: Kevin Deth's most notable power (aside from being able to easily overpower a Frost Giant girl who could lift thirty tons) is his ability to travel within mirrors and take others within them as well. Given that Kevin kidnaps princesses for sex slavers, this power makes him rather invaluable to his employer Vortigern Schlonk.
- Mistaken for Gay: Zeke and Doofus have been mistaken for this on occassion. Doesn't help that they're Heterosexual Life-Partners.
- Ms. Fanservice: EVERY SINGLE FEMALE CHARACTER.
- Multiarmed And Dangerous: How else would you describe a four-armed dragon?
- Multiarmed Multitasking: Snap often performs multiple gestures with both sets of arms.
- Sex Slave: Dubai briefly hosts a global nonhuman/monster girl slavery ring, run by Xootopian criminals Vortigern Schlonk and Carcharodon O’Gill
- Spit Take: How else would you react when your dad tells you to "lez it up" with your friend?
- Stripperiffic: The majority of Steely Dan's outfits. Though it's less sexy and more straight-up creepy…
- Super Speed: Jessica, of course.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Acinonyx wears short shorts!
Hero Material Embellished Webcomics The Incredible and Awe-Inspiring Serial Adventures of the Amazing Plasma-Man