Noah and SonHoly Bibble
is a parody of The Bible
and other ancient mythologies. Running through the books in order, it sometimes stops to examine other myths or create new ones of its own with its extensive cast of characters: mortal and immortal alike. Make sure your sense of humor is bigger than your sense of righteous indignation before reading.
As a parody, Bibble encounters tropes at every corner, sometimes even directly examining the origin of a trope, such as with CainAndAbel
. Even so, Bibble does not strictly retell ancient scripture. The characters are more fleshed out than would be expected for this type of comic, as is shown by the extensive pages on the cast, places, and other details of the complex narrative. Rather than a simple gag comic, the comic attempts to tell a cohesive story hidden in the cracks of the punchlines.
The comic updates daily (except Sundays) on the hosting site, ComicFury
.Needs a Better Description
Provides Examples Of:
- All Myths Are True - This comic meshes many god-figures into angels, demons or mortals, such as Lilith and Ishtar.
- Bestiality Is Depraved - "Are you seriously still fucking that sheep?!" - Michael to Adam.
- Blood Knight - Zadkiel is one, but almost all warrior angels fit here.
- The Bully - Abel is a bully to his brother.
- Cain and Abel - Literally.
- In at least two versions of the comic, Cain actually had nothing to do with Abel's death. In a previous version, Satan killed Abel because he mistook Cain's lamenting poem about being bullied by his family for a prayer for his death, and in the current version, Lilith/Ishtar kills him after he pukes on her.
- Celestial Bureaucracy - And how. The angels in heaven have offices, councils, rules, etc...
- Crossover Cosmology - The comic crosses over into other mythologies.
- Continuity Reboot: At least twice so far.
- God-Karting with Beelzebub - The angels and demons seem to have this relationship on occasion.
- Good Wings, Evil Wings - The angles have white and round wings, the fallen have black and pointed wings. Example.
- Heroic Comedic Sociopath - Michael's first and last resort in all situations is murder, but ultimately he's still more concerned with God's plan than most other characters.
- Humongous Mecha - God builds the giant robot exoskeleton, Metatron.
- Jerkass Gods - Seeing how many of the "gods" are demons in disguise...
- Mama Bear - Eve, when Lilith tries to seduce Cain.
- Order Versus Chaos - Fallen Angels live in a tropical resort, the angels in a gigantic bureaucratic office.
- Playing with Fire - Uriel loves burning things. Even ice.
- Pyro Maniac - Uriel only smiles when he is about to set something on fire.
- Satan Is Good: Kind of. He's kind of an arrogant, self-absorbed jerk, but he's also probably the only one among the angels or demons who actually likes or cares about humanity.
- Stuffed into a Locker - Abel invented the locker just to do this.