Awwwwww yeah ...Wait, what? Oh. Right. Entering the Hiimdaisy article, or whatever.Hiimdaisy (pronounced "Hi, I'm Daisy!") is a webcomic that specializes in making super serious games much funnier.The artist, known as Gigi Digi (formerly Peachifruit), has done several comics, which have gained much fame on a certain Web site. Her comics cover Metal Gear, Professor Layton, Super Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda, Persona 3, Persona 4, and Ace Attorney (and sometimes, MOTHER 3).Here is an archive of some of the Hiimdaisy comics.Some of the comics have been adapted into "hyperdubs" by BroadSpectrumStudios, with voiceovers, sound effects and original jokes added. The comic no longer updates, as the author is currently on working on her new original webcomic, Cucumber Quest, and has stated she has no interest in continuing the comic.Introduction over and we need to post examples! Snake, get in there!
Okay! Time to add some examples of tropes in this webcom- *bleep bleep* OH WHAT NOW?!
- Abusive Parents:
Solid: Dad, guess what! I learned my sixth language today!
- Ryotaro Dojima is, to put it lightly, a raging psychopath. On the other hand, he's an amusing raging psychopath. Also, he leaves his just-moved-in nephew and his daughter alone to go for some ice cream.
- In Let's destroy the FOX Unit, Elisa told Big Boss he could made a great father someday. Cue Imagine Spot.
Big Boss: Good work, son, you've made your father proud.
Liquid: FAAAAAAAAATHEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR; I learned my seventh language today!
Big Boss: (Beat) Get Out. Solidus, where's my dinner?
Solidus: (wearing an apron) Coming, Dad.
- Manfred von Karma emotionally abuses his adopted son Miles Edgeworth by taunting him with the idea that Edgeworth's father, who von Karma himself murdered, has come back to life.
- While Zak Gramarye is a serial asshole to absolutely everyone, he doesn't even have any compassion for his own daughter, who he abandons, and mocks twice for this.
- Adorkable: Generally Otacon's portrayal in the Metal Gear comics. Especially in the Hyperdub.
- Young Ocelot too. He just tries so hard to be cool (and fails).
- Affectionate Parody: It's clear that Gigi loves the games, or she wouldn't be doing such a good job mocking them.
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Snake is portrayed as a Butt Monkey, Raiden even more so. The King of Hyrule and Dojima are portrayed as Jerkasses.
- That last slowly started changing, however, as Dojima's character history came to the fore... and Adachi picking up any slack he was leaving, which fits in very well with the actual game.
- About Snake, he's not exactly portrayed as a Woobie. As with almost all protagonists of Hiimdaisy's parodies, he's the Only Sane Man and he goes through a lot of shit because of that. Otacon is a more standard Woobie. ("Oh.")
- Ganon is also portrayed as a Woobie.
- Fuel is an asshole.
- She's also singlehandedly responsible for "Zak Gramarye is a jerk", though that's barely Alternate Character Interpretation and more Fridge Horror, as most of the horrible things the comics show him doing (abandoning his daughter, attempting to destroy Phoenix's livelihood for no adequate reason despite him taking care of said daughter, physically assaulting Olga Orly when that attempt goes awry) are canon, she just made him ruder about them.
- Anachronism Stew: In Lets Destroy The Shagohod!, you can see Ocelot using a cellphone to take a picture of Snake being tortured, and he also mentions "The Home Shopping Network", all in a parody of a game that takes place during the Cold War.
- And There Was Much Rejoicing: Morooka's death in Persona 4 Comic.
- Animals Hate Him: Solid Snake and his tendency to get wolf-dogs surround and bite him all over.
- Annoying Video Game Helper: Actually inverted in "Let's Destroy The Metal Gear!" with Naomi.Snake: Naomi, what happened—Naomi: I DON'T KNOW, STOP ASKING ANY QUESTIONS!!Snake: Naomi—Naomi: I DON'T KNOW, LEAVE ME ALONE!!Snake: ... That doesn't answer my question...Naomi: STOP CALLING ME!!!
- Anything but That!Sokolov: No, anything but the Lipstick Gun, AAAAAAAAAA!
- Arson, Murder, Squick: The Pain.
- Art Evolution: Just compare Let's Destroy Metal Gear! and Let's Destroy the Shagohod!.
- Art Shift: An odd variation, with only two characters concerned. Both are extremely plot important, however, and work as a bit of Fridge Brilliance on Peachi's part. Notice Dojima's face? It goes from being rough, beardy, and frankly ugly to being smoother and better looking as the revelation about his dead wife comes to the fore. In addition, Adachi goes from being drawn in a beautiful, sparkly style to having extremely scary expressions as his true nature starts to slip out, ranging from mocking Dojima over his dead wife to scaring the Investigation Team.
- A straighter example happens while the Investigation Team are on the camping trip, after Kanji has joined the team. He, the main character and Yosuke are sharing a tent, and when Yosuke asks Kanji about ulterior motives, we see Kanji and the MC wondering why Yosuke's panicking in the normal art style, then as seen through Yosuke's eyes, in a yaoi manga-esque style.
- During the scene where "you wonder why the voice acting is so hard to hear during animated cutscenes", the protagonist's face is drawn Bishounen-style, probably to poke fun at the fact that the art style in the cutscenes is pretty different from the in-game art.
- The unmasking of Raiden in Let's Destroy Metal Gear again! is another good example.
- METAL GEAR!!! as done by both Snake and Raiden.
- There's one image in "Let's Destroy the Fox Unit!" of a Codec between Big Boss and Roy Campbell, intended to look similar to the game itself.
- Ascended Meme: Marie in Persona 4: Golden thinks that steak should be replaced by "FSteak." as the short form for beef steak
- Attention Whore: Vamp, possibly, what he does sums it up.Vamp: I'M BORED AND I NEED ATTENTION(He then stabs Emma in the back)
- Awesome McCool Name: Young Ocelot was expecting Naked Snake's real name to be something super cool (Snake: "Manly Mc Beefington, kid."), and he ended very disappointed.Snake: John. (Super boring)
- Beat Panel
- Berserk ButtonKanji: "You sayin' I like dudes? TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN RAAAAAAAAA"
- Big "NO!": Hilariously played by Otacon, especially in the Hyperdub. His "Noooooooooooo" is using the most pathetically Adorkable voice there is. And taken slowly without slow-motion
- Bishie Sparkle: Raiden does this twice during Lets Destroy Metal Gear Again! Once when he first takes off his scuba mask, the second when Ocelot tears his disguise off. The latter is accompanied by a drastic Art Shift for comedic effect.
- Blatant Lies: When Volgin nukes part of Russia.Volgin: The Boss did that.
- Borrowed Catchphrase:
Gene: My voice has MAGICAL powers because I'm a successor to The Boss. Which makes us BROOOOOOOOTHHHEEEEEERRRRRRS!
- Gene borrows Liquids "BROOOOOOOOTHHHEEEEEERRRRRR!" catchphrase in Let's Defeat the FOX Unit.
- Ocelot borrows Snake's "Here I go" in Let's Destroy Metal Gear Again, when he launched a rocket from a Metal Gear.
- Chie also says "Here I go" in her Leeroy Jenkins moment at Shadow Yukiko's castle.
- Shadow Teddie also borrows this phrase at the start of his boss fight.
- Bread, Eggs, Breaded Eggs: "KNIFE! GUN! KNIFEGUN!
- Butt Monkey: Young Ocelot.
- But Thou Must!: In addition to the opener for Persona 4, the Protagonist tries to get the Investigation Team to interrupt Rise before she can press her Shadow's Berserk Button. With no success.Rise: Stop! Y-You're—
Narrator/Protagonist: Hey guys, shouldn't we stop her now before we have to fight her sha—
Narrator/Protagonist: UM YOU GUYS WE SHOULD REALLY TRY—
- The Protagonist is also pissed off when he tries to choose Chie for joining him in a stakeout, only to be told he still needs to start Yukiko's Social Link, to Yukiko's delight.
- Calling Your Attacks: Eyepatch Explanation... Kick!
- Electric bullet punch!
- VOLGIN THUNDER CRAAAASSHHH
- Camp Gay: Shadow Kanji. "I'm Kanji Tatsumi, and I enjoy naked men. Ohhhhh yahhhhh."
- Canon Immigrant: "Fsteak" has become part of the official Persona 4 canon, as of Persona 4 Golden:
- Captain ObviousChie: Hey, there's a noose here!
Narrator/Protagonist: Spooky. Your thoughts, Yosuke?
Yosuke: Nooses are bad.
Adachi: Um, so what do we know about the case so far?
Dojima: The perp is probably in Inaba.
Raiden: Time to rescue Emma— [bleep bleep]]
- In Let's Destroy Metal Gear Again.
Colonel Roy: Raiden, you have to rescue Emma!
Snake: Boy, you have to rescue Emma!
- Catch Phrase: Snake/Raiden's "OKAY," "Time to do X" before being interrupted by a Codec call and variations of "Here I goooo!"
- Combat Pragmatist:Sniper Wolf: Snake, we've got to battle like sniper warriors!Snake: Actually, I'm going to hide behind this rock and fire remote-controlled missiles from where it's impossible for you to hit me.
- Comedic Sociopathy
- Compelling Voice: Thou Art Thee Art Thou Stick Your Hand In The TV Do It Do It Do It.
- Convenience Store Gift Shopping: And poor Nanako, bless her, tries not to sound disappointed.
- Creepy Uncle: Dojima. I mean, what other kind of uncle bought to his 16 year old nephew a speedo?Doujima: Hey, no need to be so formal! I've seen you naked.
- Cross Counter: Parodied in Lets Destroy the Shagohod! with the words "SNAKE EATEERRRR! Doo doo do doo doooo!" in the background. Also,Snake: Are you seriously not going to zip up your shirt?
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Every Persona 4 Boss Battle. 1) Enter boss. 2) Attack its weakness. 3) *PFFFT* 4) New party member.
- Also every Metal Gear Solid Boss Battle. Inverted, then played straight with The End.
- Dada Comics: Thou Art Thee Art Thou Stick Your Hand In The TV Do It Do It Do It. They make more sense if you've played the games, but they can still get pretty damn weird. In a good way.
- Deadpan Snarker: The main character in each strip AKA the only dude who makes any sense (but not always).
- Peachi herself, if you know where to find her on the internet. Dear God.
- Death Seeker: Ryoji cranks this up to disturbing (and amusing) degrees.
- "So like, whenever you're ready."
- So does Fortune ("I HATE EVERYBODY AND I WANT TO DIE!!!")
- Department of Redundancy Department: Invoked with some of the hammy, obsessive characters from the Metal Gear Solid games.Solidus: I AM THE BOSS TO SURPASS BIG BOSS I WILL BECOME THE BIGGEST BOSS BOSS BOSS BOSS.
Olga: The patriots stole my child and they will terminate my child I have not seen my child if you die my child will child child child.
The Boss: DARKNESS IS LIGHT'S LIGHT OF DARKNESS AS A DARK FAREWELL TO DARK LIGHTNESS.
- Deus Angst Machina: "ANGST SHIELD ACTIVATED!"
- Digging Yourself Deeper: Lampshaded.
- Downer Ending: Due to Series Hiatus, the Persona 4 Fan Vid ends in this... using this line: "And no one survived that night.". It's still hilarious, though.
- Driven to Madness: All Metal Gear protagonist.
- Poor Raiden. He ended with so many unaswered questions.
- Poor Naked Snake.
- And poor Solid Snake.
- Driven to Suicide: Otacon at the end of Let's Destroy Metal Gear.
- Dynamic Entry: Dojima prefers to do this whenever he shuts Adachi up.
- Expressive Hat: Naked Snake's Crocodile Hat cries with him.
- Also, the pin on Older Phoenix's hat.
- Eyes Always Shut: Barring the first codec scene, The Boss sports this. She still can pull a Death Glare with eyes shut, though.
- And when she is showing the birth scar that she has, her eyes are open.
- Everyone Can See It: A one-sided example in the Persona 4 comic, Yukiko's Social Link to break the ice is simplified:
- Failed a Spot Check: "I'M A TREE!" Or later, "CAW!"
- Famous Last Words: The End.Yeah, so for dinner tonight, I'm thinking spaghetti...
- Fan Vid: Many, many fandubs can be found on Youtube. Special mention goes to...
- StrawberryCreme26's dub of the Persona 4 comic, which is very well-done, with excellent use of voice, sound and editing, and actually manages to make some of the jokes funnier. And even adds jokes. Peachi herself recommended it!
- Broad Spectrum Studios created arguably the most professional dub for the Metal Gear Solid comics. They went on to finish the entire Metal Gear Solid collection with Let's Destroy Metal Gear Again, Let's Destroy the Shagohod, and Let's Defeat the FOX Unit.
- Broad Spectrum are the first and only creators to dub all major Hiimdaisy Metal Gear comics, and the first to allow fan auditions for their comic dubs.
- While not given recommendations yet, theproofreader's Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater comic fandub is also quite good. He has expressed his interest to continue with the first Metal Gear Solid comic.
- Even LittleKuriboh got in on the action.
- Notably for LittleKuriboh and theproofreader, their versions basically only use two people for dubbing the whole characters.
- The dub of Ryojiventures. The first fifteen seconds really say it all.
- That same person also did this. And this, just so Professor Layton get some lovely dubs.
- Any Fan Vid of one of her comics is basically an Abridged Series version of the original game.
- Flat "What.": Usually with a Big "SHUT UP!" as answer.
- Gag Boobs:
- Gag Nose: Igor's gets taken Up to Eleven.
- Genre Savvy: The Persona 4 Protagonist. Too bad nobody cares.
- Good Is Dumb: Lampshaded.Yukiko: "Hey, Kanji's gone missing! What do you think?"
[ ] "I dunno"
[>] "He's in the TV"
Narrator: "You wanted to say that, but you don't have enough Common Sense."
- Government Conspiracy: Parodied in Lets Destroy Metal Gear Again!President: The president doesn't have any real power. This entire country is really controlled by THE PATRIOTS! CONSPIRACY THEORY, CONSPIRACY THEORY, CONSPIRACY THEORY!Raiden: .__.
- Groin Attack: How Chie introduces herself. Fortunately, she isn't targeting the protagonist. Unfortunately (maybe), she's targeting Yosuke.
- Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today?: Kanji has trouble getting people to believe he likes girls after his Shadow-self pretty much admits that he's gay. During the camping trip he even tried to jump into the girl's tent completely naked. After he joined the team, Yosuke started showing hints of this as when he was afraid of catching Kanji's gayness.
- Heroic Mime: True to the game, the protagonist in the Persona 3 comics.
- Hollywood Heart Attack: The Metal Gear comics have a lot of HHHNNNNNNNGGGGG induced deaths.
- Hurricane of Puns: Teddie from Persona 4 still does this, and the joke that portrays this habit — which has him using Bear as a synonym for everything — is accompanied by quite possibly the best face anyone's ever done on Teddie in a comic.
- The Hyena: Yukiko.Narrator: Shut up. It's an endearing character trait.
- Hysterical Woman: Emma Emmerich.Emma: What about me?Raiden: Oh, Emma. We have to get out of here before—Emma: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA—Raiden: Uh, Emma, we really need to get out...Emma: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA—Raiden: Here, just take a deep breath...Emma: *Underwater* GRHLBHRGLRBRLG
Volgin's gonna get me and take my nuclear rocket tank! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA— (continues to do so as Snake encounters Ocelot)No, anything but the lipstick gun, AAAAAAAAAAAAA!Volgin's gonna mass produce them (Shagohod) and destroy the world! AAAAAAAAAAAA!!
- Sokolov is a Hysterical Man:
- Ignored Aesop: The Sorrow wanted to teach to Snake that killing people is bad. It didn't turned as planned.Dead Scientist: AAAAAAAAHHH! I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE DROPPED OUT!
Snake: Hey I remember that loser! Yeah, I got you good, huh?
The Sorrow: Okay you know what, you know what just GET OUT.
- I Have Boobs, You Must Obey!: Eva. She can't imagine why this wouldn't work on Ocelot.
- Incredibly Lame Pun:
- The Boss from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake EaterThe Boss: (About The End) Once he's done taking his nap, it'll be The End for the boy... Yeah, that was pretty good, huh.
Snake: (sobbing) T-The Boss and I used to make bad puns together...
- Another one after Snake loses his eye:Paramedic: Snake, have you ever seen Dracula?
Paramedic: Well, I guess you can only see half of it now!
- Don't forget this exchange in Let's Destroy Metal Gear:Meryl: Since Psycho Mantis screwed with my mind, I can see where the mines are!
Snake: You might call yourself... a mine reader.
[They laugh, before Meryl punches him)
- The Boss from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
- I Know Mortal Kombat: Raiden was trained by video games!
- Info Dump: Parodied in the Persona 4 comics.TV: PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT
- Jerkass: Zak Gramarye, The King of Hyrule, and later Link are the most prominent examples... though Snake ("I'm hungry" "Yeah, whatever, kid") has his moments.
Yosuke: Oh, it's okay, Nanako-chan, it's not like your mom's dead or anything!
- This kind of takes Snake's Jerkassery to a whole new level, though.
- Yosuke reminding Nanako about her mom's death just after her dad cancelled the trip she was waiting so much. Notice that in the game, Yosuke does it by accident, here he doesn't even apologize.
Nanako: (shocked, crying face)
Yosuke: OK, who wants some sodas?
Yukiko: Ha ha
- Kick the Dog: Manfred von Karma to Edgeworth.Von Karma: Hello Edgeworth. Your father has come back to life and he's waiting in the foyer.Edgeworth: Sir, I'm 19. That's not going to work on me anymore.*beat*Von Karma: HE DIED LIKE A DOG AND SO WILL YOU! (slams door, Edgeworth starts crying)
- Lampshade Hanging: There's a reason this comic is used to illustrate so many pages.Volgin: Let's see how you handle slightly modified versions of the same three attacks!
- Larynx Dissonance: In the Persona 4 Fan Vid with Yukiko, though only before she becomes important.
- Leeroy Jenkins: Snake and Gray Fox have their moments.Snake: OK I got a Mine Detector! HERE I GOOOOOO!!! (steps on a mine)Gray Fox:'I'm going to kill everyone in this hallway indiscriminately for no reason! (confronting Otacon) OK HERE I GOOOOO!!!
- Leitmotif: In the Broad Spectrum Studios fandub of Metal Gear Solid 2, every time Peter Stillman talks, Jungle Boogie plays.
- Logic Bomb:
- Lost Food Grievance: Yukiko's fried tofu.
- Madonna–Whore Complex: "EVERYONE IN THIS ROOM IS A WHORE! NOW TAKE A CHASTITY BELT AND SIT DOWN!"
- Madness Mantra:
- Memetic Molester: Igor's Alternate Character Interpretation. Formerly was the Image Source.
- Metaphorgotten: The Boss's DARKNESS IS LIGHT'S LIGHT OF DARKNESS AS A DARK FAREWELL TO DARK LIGHTNESS. Lampshaded when Snake says that nothing that she says makes sense.
- Mood Whiplash: "You became friends with Yosuke! Yosuke will now DIE FOR YOU."
- "In other news, JUNES COMMERCIAL!!"
- Right after Shadow Teddie's Existential Kids Korner... he says he's going to kill everyone in the room. The character's reactions are absolutely priceless.
- "Know who else is thinking about murders? This creepy, but otherwise harmless stalker! Case closed! You know, you kids really ought to STOP GETTING INVOLVED with this stuff. Welp, justice is served! Take care!"
- The scene after Raiden shoots Vamp:
Raiden: I, uh... I'm gonna go now, I guess—
Raiden: You're kinda freaking me out—
Vamp: Dude, I'm not dead, chill out (He's a vampire)
Fortune: Yaayyyy! Let's paint our nails and talk about boys <3
- Moment Killer:Eva: "No thanks. I don't eat snakes for dinner." *Lecherous gaze* "But I wouldn't mind eating YOU."*Eva dives on Snake, kissing and slurping him to the sounds of the Snake Eater theme*Snake: "ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Eva, I'm kinda not in the mood..."Eva: "Come on, Snake! What isn't sexy about losing an eye!?!
- Morton's Fork: There's no way to get a positive response from Dojima when he asks how you take your coffee:"Black?" Don't try to sound tough, you sissy."Cream?" Oh, coming right up, madam."Cream & sugar?" What are you, Nanako? (Nanako: Daddy, I want it black!)"Surprise me?" Dojima splashes the whole scalding mug in your face.
- Motor Mouth: Apollo Justice, when he's busy fanboying about Phoenix Wright.Apollo: You know what CARS remind me of?! Phoenix Wright! CauseIalwaysrememberthatonecasewhere...
- My Name Is Inigo Montoya: Every Cobra unit members introduces themselves with Snake as such.I am The Pain. PAAAAAAIIIIINNNN!!!!I am The Fear. FEEEEEAAAAARRRRR!!!!I am The End. EEEENNNNNNNNDDD!!!!
- Averted for The Joy (AKA The Boss), while The Fury just goes with "I am The Fury!". A little subverted for The Sorrow, see Digging Yourself Deeper above.
- Mysterious Past: Mocked with Solid Snake and Raiden to lesser degree.Meryl: So Snake...what's your name?
Snake: Shut up.
Meryl: How old are you?
Snake: Shut up.
Snake: Shut up.
Meryl: Any family?
Snake: Shut up.
Meryl: Anyone you—?
Snake: Shut up Shut up Shut up SHUT UP
- Naked People Are Funny:
Ocelot: Well, that's just something I threw in for fun.
- In Let's Destroy Metal Gear Again, Ocelot admits there was not reason behind torturing Raiden in the nude.
Li'l Snake: Hello everyone.
- In Let's Destroy The FOX Unit, Gene stripped Big Boss just so he gets an awkward moment between him an Elisa.
- Nietzsche Wannabe: Shadow Teddie. Unsurprisingly, Hilarity Ensues.Shadow Teddie, Protagonist, Kanji, and Yosuke singing: Your futile exis-tence has no meeea-ning~
- Nobody Here But Us Birds: Naturally occurs in "Let's Destroy the Shagohod", but Peachi makes it outright hilarious by having it succeed despite Snake not even trying. For example, saying "Caw." while a guard is looking right at him, or saying "I'm a tree" while holding a couple of branches, again while a guard looks right at him.
- Subverted when a guard saw him with his crocodile cap and confuse him with a crocodile with a gun.
- No Ending: The Persona 4 comic stops at the fight against Shadow Teddie. The unfinished pages depict the ending of the fight, but then it stops after it shows Teddie's new, human body.
- "No. Just... No" Reaction: The MC's response to being asked to join the sports club and band club.
- No Name Given: The Persona 4 Protagonist.
- No-One Could Survive ThatI am Sniper Wolf, and somehow I am unharmed after, like, 8 bullets to the face. Look at my boobs.
- Noodle People: "Can I touch your hannnnnnnnnnd?", asks the Gas Station Attendant as her arm makes contortions a tentacle would be proud of.
- No Punctuation Is Funnier
- Not Quite Dead:Big Boss: (after blowing up a Metal Gear with Elisa inside) Elisa, I'm sorry.
Elisa: (flying out) I'M OKAAAAAAAAY~
- Obviously Evil: Let's just say that Adachi is more obvious in this adaptation.
- Not to mention, Kristoph Gavin.
- Once an Episode: The first three Metal Gear parodies open with the protagonist's Mission Control giving an incredibly simplified explanation of the mission (E.G., "The Marines have a Metal Gear, and I want pictures!"), followed by "Snake, get in there!", with Snake (or Raiden) responding with "OKAY!" Happens twice in the 2 and 3 episodes, due to the nature of those games having a prologue.
- Only Sane Man: The Protagonists of each game are forced to weather the insanity of the other characters. The Persona 4 Protagonist has it the worst so far. By MGS2, Snake states that he just stopped asking questions.
- Passive-Aggressive Kombat: Saki's dialogue towards Yosuke varies between this and Sugary Malice.Saki: Hey, Hana-chan! Driving all the family-owned stores out of business by bringing your stupid friends here?Yosuke: W... what?Saki: Wait, what? I don't even know, I'm so tired!
Dojima: We need to find a new lead before the killer's trail goes stone cold.Adachi: (darkly) Like your dead wife?Dojima: Wait, what!?Adachi: Huh, what?
- Adachi becomes a fan of this in the later comics
- Pass the Popcorn: The Protagonist, Yosuke, and Teddie do this while watching Chie and her Shadow argue.
- Perpetual Frowner: Ema Skye.
- Phrase Catcher: "Shut up, Adachi."
- Police Are Useless: Moreso since they are not even trying to be useful.Dojima: All this work is such a pain. It's like people expect the police to solve crimes or something. Nanako, get Daddy another beer.
- Porky Pig Pronunciation: Ocelot having trouble saying "Shalashaska."
- Porn Stash: Yosuke's impression of the Persona 4 Protagonist has taken a critical hit... since it's not even porn.
- Potty Emergency: "I have to pee!" "I HAVE TO PEE!" "YOU GUYS! I HAVE TO PEE SO BAD I'M GONNA PEE! RIGHT! HERE!"
- The Power of Friendship: Yosuke will now die for you.
- Subverted in Persona 3:A mysterious mass of energy is gathering...
The powerful emotions of your friends and loved ones are flowing into your heart...!
Gourmet King: I thought about you when I farted.
- Subverted in Persona 3:
- Precision F-Strike: Persona 4.Chie: TRIAL OF THE DRAGON! *WHAM*Yosuke: *in crippling pain* Oh, motherfucker...
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!:Kanji Tatsumi: I! LOVE! WOMEN!
- Pungeon Master: Aside Teddie, Python love to make puns related with ice.Python: Freeze Snake! Time to put your plans on ice. So freezed to meet you again, Snake! It's just like cold old times! Better chill out when you deal with this cool customer', or you might get freezer-burned. Because I'm no bark, all frostbite. You're on thin ice! So freeze the frame and— (Snake shoots him in the face) OW MY FACE MY FACE MY FACE
- Rapid-Fire Comedy: Because of the comics' format ("Okay, uh... This is really long! Get a snack!"), the joke density is quite high.
- Real Men Take It Black: It parodies the coffee scene in Persona 4:Black: Don't try to sound tough you sissy.With cream: Oh, coming right up, madam.Cream and sugar: What are you, NanokaSurprise me: (Throws it at your face).
- Refuge in Audacity: Don Paolo in Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box. Not only is he wearing a Paper-Thin Disguise of Flora, when Layton chances to catch him half-dressed, what does he do?Paolo: [stares.]Layton: [stares.]Paolo: Is this how you treat a LADY?!
- Rule of Symbolism: Thoroughly mocked.(About Chie's Shadow)" "Dominatrix Banana Head!"(About Yukiko's Shadow): "It's symbooooolic~!"
- Running Gag:
- "And no one ate dinner that night."
- SOCIAL LINK GO!
- OF COURSE."
Raiden: Time to rescue Emma... Whoa, really? "Let's accomplish an objective!" -ring ring- [CALL] "
- Bonus points for always being in the same pose every single time. And this gag happens 50+ times throughout the series.
- Subverted at one point.
- Adachi wants to talk about MURDERS! (Yaaaayyyy!)
- "Did someone say (insert something here)!?"
- "No fighting!"
- "[Enthusiastic mention of Junes]"YAAAAAAAAY!
- HERE I GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
- Dude, chill out.
- Wiggle, wiggle! Limited to the Metal Gear parodies, but not limited to just Meryl on her butt, but also on Raiden's butt (or hanging) and EVA's boobs.
- Samus Is a Girl: Yeah, you'd be surprised how many people don't realise that "Hiimdaisy" is a contraction of "Hi I'm Daisy" and think she's a dude.
- Or assume the LJ name is a reference to the Mario Kart meme and has nothing to do with her real gender.
- Scare Chord: The Persona video regularly uses the Invader Zim Scare Chord regularly for comedic effect.
- Screaming at Squick: StrawberryCreme26's dub give to Yosuke the most angsty scream ever after watching Shadow Kanji on the TV.
- Shaggy Frog Story: Let's destroy Metal Gear again as a whole. Poor Raiden is the one most screwed up.Raiden: Otacon, the Colonel's transmissions aren't making any sense anymore! Who am I kidding!? They never make any sense! This is the worse mission EVER!!
- Shoehorned First Letter:Shadow Teddie: The word of the day is: FUTILE! As in: "Your futile existence has no meaning." Chie, do you know any other words that start with F?Chie: Fsteak.Shadow Teddie: Excellent.
- Shoot the Shaggy Dog: Parodied in "Let's Destroy Metal Gear Again" when Vamp kills Emma.Snake: Kid! Emma's being stabbed! She's gonna die!Raiden: Why am I even trying anymore?
- Shout-Out: In the Metal Gear Solid 3 hyperdub, The Pain's voice is an imitation of Beast Wars Waspinator, a fitting choice.
- The StakeoutChie: WHO SAID STEAK?
- Surprise Incest: Lamiroir asks Phoenix Wright if Trucy and Apollo know that she is their biological mother. Phoenix assures her that he'll tell them when the time is right. Cue them falling in love and getting married.Phoenix: (during their wedding day) Surprise! YOU'RE SIBLINGS! Pfthahahaha. Man, I got you guys good!
- Survival Mantra: Snake's "I'm a tree, I'm a tree, I'm a tree..." while hiding of The End.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial:Kanji Tatsumi: "(after defeating his shadow) Okay, I guess you really are me... kinda. But I still don't like dudes."Naoto Shirogane: "Did someone say girls? Because I'm a boy just so you know.''
- Take a Third Option:Yosuke: "By the way... Chie or Yukiko? Which one's your type?"Chie: STEAK STEAK STEAK KUNG FU STEAK!Yukiko: HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!ChieYukikoBoth> Can I wait until I have more girls to choose from?
- The Thing That Would Not Leave: "S-so there's this guy in a scarf at the door and I don't think he's going to go away."
Shadow Yukiko: Guess who's wearing her kitty panties~!Shadow Kanji: I'm Kanji Tatsumi, and I enjoy naked men! Ooh yaah~!Shadow Rise: Gonna get naked!
- The beginning of the TV stuffs are also this, some at least...
- This Is Gonna Suck: Snake: "Time to find that Metal—"Snake: "Oh boy."
- Tempting FateVolgin: Who's afraid of a little thunder? It's not like I'm standing on top of a giant metal robot with electricity coursing to my body or somethi--
- Also this:Soldier: Oh boy, I hope I don't get shot in the face.Soldier: OW Why would you even do that
- From Persona 4:Narrarator: You tried to tell them about how your TV almost ate you last night.Chie & Yosuke: PSSHHHHAAAAAWYosuke: HEY CHIE! LET'S GO FIND A TV THIS LOSER CAN JUMP INTO!Chie: HAHA, I KNOW, RIGHT?Chie and Yosuke: Hahahaha--AHHHHHH
- Also this:
- Too Dumb to Live: If you're not a main character, chances are better than 90% this is your fate. The good news is, you won't even notice!
- To The Bat Noun: "Quick, Tatyana. To the Volgin Cave!"
- Trademark Favorite Food: Seems like it between Chie and—Chie: STEAAAAAKSTEAKSTEAKSTEAAAAKSTEAKSTEAKSTEAKSTEAAAAAAKSTEAKSTEAK!!!
- Trrrilling Rrrs: Liquid's "BRRRRRROTHERRR!", especially in the dub.
- The Problem with Pen Island: Not in the comics themselves, but there are people who will write and/or pronounce the artist's LJ name as "him daisy" rather than "hi, I'm Daisy".
- The Unfavorite: Big Boss is rather abusive to Liquid.Big Boss: Get Out!
- [Trope Name]: Volgin's "Kuwabara, kuwabara" from MGS3 is replaced with "Obscure Japanese Mythology Reference."
- Unsound Effect: PFFFFFFFFT
- Verbal Tic: "BRRRRROOOTHER!"
- Sigint in the Broad Spectrum Studios dub tends to end his words with "DAYUM!"
- Wangst: In-universe examples:
Raiden: NO ROSE I ANGST ALONE.
- "Let's talk about your painful past as a child solder, Jack."
- "SNAAAKE! I'M GOING TO KEEP WHINING AT YOU UNTIL YOU LIKE IT!"
- "You got all the dominant genes and I got all the lame recesive genes and WAAAAAAAAAAAA—"
- "ANGST! ANGST! ANGST! ANGST! ANGST! ANGST!"
- "Oh sorry, what was that? I couldn't hear you over MY TRAGIC PAST!!"
- Why Won't You Die?: "Liquid!? Why don't you ever die!?"
This page coming to an end at this point? That's not what it was designed for!