Take the kid-friendly
, impossibly cute character
that is Hello Kitty
. Take the Lovecraftian Eldritch Abomination
that is Cthulhu
. Combine them
and see what happens
is a Webcomic
which chronicles the misadventures of titular Cthulhu, as he strives to spread evil and taint in the cute world of Hello Kitty. He quickly discovers that other Elder Things are here too: Dagon, the fish god (who runs a fish shop) and the Colour From Out Of Space (who quickly turns into a depressed alcoholic).
Other characters include: the cute Hello Kitty denizens, two 50 Foot Whatevers
, a heroic piece of toast, a pirate banana, talking muffins, dancing marshmallows... and others.
This comic provides examples of:
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Once by a giant purple crayon, and then by a giant cheese grater.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Parodied at least twice.
- Fisher Kingdom: You enter the Hello Kitty world, you become as cute as the locals. It doesn't eliminate all the eldritch horror that comes with Lovecraftian mythos, but it makes the Elder Gods harmless and downright pitiable.
- Fun Size: Everyone is tiny and cute.
- Fusion Fic
- Heel-Face Turn: Parodied by a character's (Hello Kitty) transformation.
- Heroic Mime: The adventure-seeking piece of toast.
- Lovecraft Lite: All these Eldritch Abominations running around are surprisingly nonthreatening.
- Orphaned Series: Not updated since Christmas 2006.
- In fact, it was updated fairly recently, but it isn't on the actual page. Apparently the author has forgotten how to put comics on the actual page, and is now linking them on the forums.
- Schedule Slip: After the initial month, which was 1 update/day, the update rate fell to an average 2 comics per month
- Too Spicy for Yog Sothoth: The Tastes Like Diabetes world of Hello Kitty is so cheerful, it drives Cthulhu crazy.
- Vile Villain, Saccharine Show