Half-Man is a webcomic about a one psychotic half-alien cyborg (Major Koda) in a war against alien forces (the K'ul) , his best friend (Doctor Ash Hayes) who is trying to keep him alive, his commander (Captain Laurence Reed) who doesn't trust him and unknown assassins out to get him.The first page can be found here
Half-Man provides examples of:
- Ceiling Cling: should have looked up...
- Cybernetics Eat Your Soul: While it unclear if it the cybernetics, his long list of trauma or his hybrid nature that makes him unbalanced they clearly aren't helping the major's mental state.
- Cyborg: The major is shown as clearly having artificial eyes and one artificial arm there is also mention on an internal power cell and that 'they didn't know when to stop when replacing his brain tissue with computers'
- Half-Human Hybrid: With the major it may be more like 33% at this point, considering all the cybernetics. His hybrid nature is due to being experimented on by humanities enemies, the K'ul and then experimented on again by humans.
- Hypocrite: Doctor Hayes often tells his patients to avoid things like smoking, drinking and eat more healthy, while being a heavy smoker himself. He acknowledges the hypocrisy of this.
- Invisibility Cloak: The K'ul use these, part of what makes them terrifying good at ambushes. Made worse is that the only way to detect them in this state is unreliable at best
- Night-Vision Goggles: Curiously absent from the boarding party, but the Majorhas some built in, which is well, considering nobody else even thought to bring a torch.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: The Major has gone though so much that even his tenuous grip on sanity seem amazing. However the major is so different to everyone else that he even handles PTSD differently
- Super Soldier: Major Koda is one, while he is a effective fighting force his hybrid biology is killing him.
- Who Names Their Kid "Dude"?: The new Medic lead is called Dr April June.