Webcomic: Greetings From Magical Los Angeles
Short stories about magical beings living in Los Angeles. Mainly following: Whitby Toivonen, a crow therianthrope; Roderick Landon and Yasmin Wolff, FBI agents dedicated to stopping supernatural crime; and Fisher Martin Paxton, a Unitarian Universalist reverend.Webcomic located here: http://magicallosangeles.thecomicseries.com/
Greetings from Magical Los Angeles provides examples of:
- Anti-Magic - Wolff is immune to magic
- Cheerful Child - Shelby Toivonen
- The Comically Serious - Wolff
- Cuddle Bug - Paxton
- FBI Agent - Landon and Wolff
- The First Cut Is the Deepest - Whitby is a bit leery about all future relationships and especially being cooked for.
- Fur Against Fang - Politically, a Werewolf and a Vampire both want to be the first supernatural president
- Hates Being Touched - Wolff with anything beyond handshakes.
- Healing Factor- Most of the magical beings have this.
- Hybrid Overkill Avoidance
- Involuntary Shapeshifter - Many therianthropes
- Jurisdiction Friction
- Monster Mash
- Mundane Fantastic
- Painful Transformation - Whitby
- Persona Non Grata - Vampires are banned from Germany and a few other countries.
- Psycho Ex-Girlfriend - Erin
- Rant-Inducing Slight - Wolff is not a werewolf and you're not allowed to ask
- Really 700 Years Old - Many vampires.
- Slice of Life
- Theme Naming - The Toivonen males are named Barnaby, Whitby, and Shelby. Barnaby married Thursday.
- Undead Tax Exemption - Subverted. Some countries accepted the existence of the supernatural for the sake of taxing them.
- The Unmasqued World - After WWII, vampires existing became official.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy - Whitby's father is never particularly interested in his older son.