Webcomic / Geeks Next Door
A humor webcomic
by Jessi Bavolack and Matt Pascal. Located here
The strip focuses on the "lives" and exaggerated/entirely fictional adventures of Jessi & Matt, two geeks in love. Notable supporting characters include their roommate Barry, and Jessi's sister Maggie. The strip updates roughly two or three times a week, and has been online since 2007.
This comic shows examples of:
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Happens pretty regularly, but occurs in this strip in a particularly epic fashion.
- Brit Com: Jessi & Matt create one here after being inspired by the awesomeness of Patrick Stewart & BRIAN BLESSED.
- Closet Geek: Maggie
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Barry
- Cosplay Otaku Girl: Haley
- Crossover: With Real Life Comics twice, here and here.
- Deadpan Snarker: Primarily Matt, but everyone gets this at one point or another.
- Dungeonmaster's Girlfriend: Jessi takes advantage of this in Matt's RPGs.
- Gag Boobs: Maggie
- Gamer Chick: Jessi
- Good Angel, Bad Angel: Victor von Doom as conscience.
- Happily Married: Jessi & Matt, starting about a year into the comic (though they were in a relationship from the start). It has the side effect of freaking Maggie out.
- I Have Boobs, You Must Obey!: Maggie is happy to exploit her assets.
- Infinite Supplies: Barry's folks are really rich.
- Killer Game Master: Matt. (And, by implication, Jessi.)
- Naked People Are Funny: Barry likes to run around in the nude, much to Jessi and Matt's dismay.
- Otaku: Barry is more or less designed to embody every otaku stereotype. Haley and her brother "Seph-fat-roth" as well.
- Shout-Out: MST3K, for starters.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Jessi is addicted to Girl Scout cookies.
- Team Pet: Madison, Jessi & Matt's cat. Of course, she's also working as a spy for their families' cats.
- Upper-Class Twit: Barry
- Zombie Apocalypse: Parodied starting here.