About as Logical as it gets
Gatito is a webcomic based loosely off The World Ends with You
. It follows everyone's favorite Support Reapers BJ and Tenho as they journey to revive 777. After that, the plot dies, and it becomes completely random issues with no seeable goal in sight. The Author, Pheonyx, has admitted on multiple occasions that she doesn't know where she is going with this.
Featuring references to other TWEWY Fanverse Comics such as SEAAOM
, Gatito is one of the higher quality ones there is.
Can be read at its brand new shiny archive here
The Gatito Series contains examples of:
- Author Avatar: Pheonyx becomes the third main character at the start of NeoGatito, while getting embarressed by BJs 'All Hail Pheonyx!'
- She also appears in some of the various Filler Issues.
- Alt Text: The New Archive has this.
- Color-Coded Characters: Each character's speech bubble has a background color prevalent in their sprite. They do change sometimes, however...
- Filler Strips: Became a running joke that Gatito is all about the Filler and the main plot is the side stuff.
- When Gatito's final issue was posted on Neoseeker, a member counted through the comic to see how many there were. Turned out it was more than a fifth of the comic's run.
- The running joke went on to the Author's new webcomic, Legends of Ronhan, a Pokemon comic. Old Gatito fans accused it of not being written by her due to the fact there wasn't a single filler for a fair way into it's run.
- Mon: Noisemon seems to be a reoccurring theme, much more here then other TWEWY Fanverse comics.
- Shout Out: To SEAAOM, Bro-Rangers and Robot Unicorn Attack, among others.
- The ending is BJ and Tenho ending up in another comic, KeroKero (which was by the author of Bro Rangers). Since KeroKero was finished, they were finished too.
- That Came Out Wrong: One of the Filler Issues was about Pheonyx's Calculus Camp, where she had to share a bed with another roommate. The Issue details the converstion the following morning.
- Made better as she has admitted it was a real event.