Gaming Guardians is a webcomic that debuted on May 7, 2000, and was created by Graveyard Greg and Andrew Babb. It has had several spin-offs, including two other comics and a role-playing community. The current artist on the strip is John Yakimow.The comic’s premise comes from the belief that every time a role-playing game is run, an alternate reality (or “system”) is created. Most of the time, these systems run their course, but sometimes they are unduly influenced by outside forces (overtly or otherwise). That’s where Graveyard Greg and his team, the Gaming Guardians, step in to set things right.
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Art Shift: Webtroll left the strip in 2008.
- A Day in the Limelight: The series occasionally follows various secondary characters, such as Brahma and Randarch.
- Defeat Equals Friendship: Ragnarok and Ultima.
- Evil Twin: Ultima was a doppelganger-demon who was permanently empowered by Scarlet Jester with a copy of Radical's powers, which also caused her default form to become a duplicate of Radical.
- Future Me Scares Me: Graveyard Greg goes back in time to try to save EDG, causing himself to become a scary alternate version of Greg called the Unprodigal, then later the Scarlet Jester.
- Loads And Loadsof Characters
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: Radical kept showing off new powers in the early pages.
- Shout-Out: The green mechanical combining lion Pidge, to [[Voltron]].
- Spider-Sense: One of Radical's powers.