Webcomic: Gamer Chicks
Gamer Chicks: Life and Times of a Female Gamer is a 74-strip webcomic by Teresa Murdock. It ran from February 28, 2006 to August 1, 2009.Needs Wiki Magic Love.
This work provides examples of:
- All Men Are Perverts
- The first thing Maynard asks Suiren after introducing himself in strip 10 is asking her if he can touch her boobies.
- In Strip 36 to 38, a boy stares at Suiren's breasts, leading to a My Eyes Are Up Here moment, and then hits on her.
- All There in the Manual: The character sheet on the website includes surnames, ages, occupations, and likes and dislikes.
- Animal-Eared Headband: Suiren wears an animal-eared hat.
- Art Evolution: A quite abrupt one, from Strip 55 to Strip 56. There's also a change in Fonts.
- Art Shift: Strip 52, drawn in a Super-Deformed style.
- Ass Shove: Strip 38Suiren: Hold still. You won't enjoy this.
- Bland-Name Product: Suiren gets a job at Paper Clips, a knockoff of real life office supply store Staples.
- Buffy Speak
Suiren: Oh great gods of gaming, please bless unto me with good games,pizza, soda,, and... uh...stuff!Kirei: Oh, how eloquent.Suiren: STFU!
- Lampshaded in strip 13.
- Catharsis Factor: In-universe example in strip 14 where Suiren plays "GTA Bice City" as therapy for a rough day.
- Christmas Episode: Strips 21 to 23.
- Deep-Immersion Gaming: Shows up after the Art Evolution, starting with Strip 56.
- Everything's Deader with Zombies: Zombie Country in Strip 48
- Flipping the Bird: Suiren in Strip 22.
- Gamer Chick: Suiren and Kirei. The title of the webcomic comes from this.
- G-Rated Drug: Happy pills from Strip 28. Suiren sees a fairy god-thing with tie-dye wings. Kirei mentions that Suiren used to see blue mice.
- Gratuitous Japanese: The Protagonist and Deuteragonist have Japanese names.
- Lazy Artist: Strip 53 has a group of people being represented as what looks to be a block of cheese.
- Milestone Celebration: Strip 51, celebrating Strip 50.
- Noodle Incident: In Strip 30, Kirei mentions that Suiren used to see blue mice when taking happy pills.
- Number of the Beast: The population of Zombie Country is negative 666.
- Obligatory Swearing: "Fuck" is the only word in Strip 6.
- Save the Princess: Referenced in the strip celebrating the webcomic's 50th strip, under "Girlfriend of Gamer Guy".
- This Is for Emphasis, Bitch!: In Strip 22:Suiren: I'm Mr. Green Christmas, bitch.
- Yaoi Fangirl: Suiren.Maynard: She must be one of those freaky chicks