Relatively FreshFruit Incest
is an adorably strange little comic in which adorably strange characters do adorably strange things. For the most part the panels lack plot or continuity, at least at first glance. The comic features
quite a bit of recurring characters, as well as video game and TV references, all going through adorably strangle adventures. Despite the name, it's squeaky clean for the most part and features happy, child-like pencil-drawn comics from the mind of an awkward Woman Child
who likes to draw cutesy figures in her pajamas while enjoying large amounts of milk and cookies. In short, it's an odd but enjoyable little journey that makes you feel all fuzzy
The comic is written by our own Miss Hedgey
, and can be found here.
- Acme Products - The various LEO'S brands.
- All There in the Manual - Minor details such as character names are revealed in the "Cocktail" and "Concentrate" sections. This very page is also used as a manual at times.
- Almighty Janitor - The Faceless Janitor Cop.
- Brick Joke - The 100th comic featured the pie throwing robot joked about in one of the first comics.
- Brotherhood of Funny Hats - The Trenchcoat Union
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer - The Folklorist travels the world tracking down mythical creatures and crime lords with his trademark knife and bulletproof vest...along with bunny ears and a bunny mask.
- Call Back - Miss Hedgey hates using things only once.
- Catch Phrase - Wally and friends all have the same "Hey there [synonym for small] [title of person being spoken to]!" greeting.
- Christmas Episode - Santa Sarah
- Cool and Unusual Punishment - The Nethwerrealm consists entirely of this.
- Disproportionate Retribution - Dragon the Great Green used against petty thieves.
- Early-Bird Cameo - Some characters and events are listed in this wiki before they're even used in the comic (it helps that hardly anyone ever reads this page).
- Easter Egg - Hidden Wallys, hidden muffins, Transfarmers logos, and a few others badly drawn background squiggles that resemble each other.
- Eye Glasses - Characters with glasses look identical to other characters except for a small line between their eyes.
- Frothy Mugs of Water - Milk, otherwise known as "cat beer". This is mostly due to Author Appeal though.
- Fun with Acronyms - League Of Gills
- Halloween Episode - Doubles as a Milestone Celebration.
- Hitler's Time Travel Exemption Act - Played straight and leads to the invasion of Poland and the founding of Kentucky Fried Chicken.
- Intentionally Awkward Title - Chosen for its eye-catching power. Miss Hedgey did not consider the type of Google results that came with the word "Incest" though.
- Invisible Anatomy - Wally and friends. Lampshaded on occassion.
- Level Ate - Fridgeland
- Longest Pregnancy Ever - Averted. Lily is only seen visibly pregnant in one comic before the baby is born a month later.
- Mitten Hands - Miss Hedgey regularly uses this name over Powerpuff Girl Hands.
- Odd Name Out - Transfarmers have names like Tractor Prime, Jet Pick, Hot Plow, and Cow.
- One of Us -
Half Most of this page is written by Miss Hedgey herself.
- Only Six Faces - Every character has the same oval eyes, occasional smile, and little else.
- Phrase Catcher - Wally the Whale and Nosferabbit both get their name shouted with every appearance.
- Running Gag - Not just limited to the comics either. Blog entries and Alt Text are littered with Miss Hedgey's own gags.
- Self-Deprecation - Frequent enough that this very page has had a few examples.
- Story Arc - Notable ones include the recurring Christmas, Pokemon, and Folklorist storylines every few months.
- The Faceless - The Folklorist, and more obviously, the Faceless Janitor Cop
- The Stinger - An easily overlooked one is under the sidebar menu and actually serves a purpose. It changes to a different witty saying every time the "Cocktail" section is updated.
- They Killed Kenny - Between the two of them Winston and Peterson have been stabbed, shot, bitten, fallen off buildings, been on both sides of a car accident, trapped in a burning house, stranded on a deserted island, strangled, and much more.
- Little Miss Tomato actually gets DIES Syndrome in one comic where she repeatedly dies over the course of a single day with no ill effects.
- Those Two Guys - Molo and Zeke, Winston and Peterson
- Trivially Obvious - The Tag Line: "Fruit Incest: The web comic that critics say is a web comic."
- True Meaning of Christmas - Sarah tries to teach this, but concludes that everyone involved in the Elf War is crazy and leaves them to enjoy their bickering before visiting her dad.
- Unsound Effect - "Explosion" and "Barge In" are the two most common ones.
- Word of God - Since it's drawn by a troper, this page was built on Word of God...
- Word Salad Title - Both played straight and subverted. Initially the title had nothing whatsoever to do with the comic, and then the fruit people showed up.