Webcomic / Frog Raccoon Strawberry
Frog Raccoon Strawberry
is a fantasy / sorta superhero webcomic by animators Kyle Carrozza
and John Berry.
It follows the misadventures of Strawberry, a raccoon in a frog suit
who goes about fighting crime. But she's not a superhero, oh no, she's a Helperton
, a totally different thing.
In any case, in between her Helperton duties, she hangs out with her friends, goes about her daily life, tries to find love, and trains to be the best Helperton possible. Oh, and despite how she acts, she's not weird. So don't call her that
The comic is hosted by on Dumm Comics
though has ended it's run with the site in June 2014 due to Kyle taking on a animation job (Mighty Magiswords
) and being too busy to work on it further. He promises the webcomic will return someday, but for the time being it's on hiatus.
Frog Raccoon Strawberry has the following tropes:
- A Pupil of Mine Until He Turned to Evil: The Green Shadow who was the previous apprentice to the Frog Spirit before Strawberry.
- Berserk Button: Calling Strawberry "random" or "weird"
- For Lemonade it's being ignored.
- Extra Eyes: Marissa has a few on her though, being an alien, she hides them well
- Fantastic Racism: Marco feels that Strawberry is doing this by wearing her frog suit since he's well..a frog.
- Genki Girl: Strawberry sometimes as well as January
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal: Horatio Porque
- Insane Troll Logic: Alot of how Strawberry (And a later hero, Lemonade) thinks
- Insistent Terminology: Strawberry prefers to be called a "Helperton" rather then "superhero" though there's very little difference between the two.
- Insult Backfire: Pretty much how a lot of Strawberry and Lemonade's banter against foes go.
- Knight of Cerebus: The Green Shadow. The first villain without even a shred of humor, and the only one to visibly draw blood.
- Lions and Tigers and Humans... Oh, My!: A universe shared with animals and humans through the latter if very rare to see.
- Nightmare Face: Marssia when she expresses any anger. Comes with the territory of being an alien.
- Only Sane Man: Marssia and Marco play this role given everyone else is either crazy or silly.
- Pokémon Speak: The Frog Spirit has a pet Gilbert Gottfried who only says "Gilbert".
- Pretty Freeloader: January whose been rooming with Marssia for about a year and hasn't made much effort to find her own place. Marssia practically forces her to find a place.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: When Strawberry ditches the frog suit for a dress, she looks rather cute.
- Show Within a Show: In-Universe: Horatio sells the rights to Strawberry's likeness for a comic series based on her. Giving her a copy to look over which acts as a Alternate Continuity of the main comic. Strawberry is...less then impressed.
- Strawberry Shorthand
- Straight Man: Marssia, often with Strawberry or January.
- Super Mode: Strawberry gains two extras after some training. "Red Mode", which accesses her strawberry powers when she gets angry and are much more devastating. And "Even Greener Mode" which makes her attacks Lily Pad based and is apparent much more stronger.
- Likewise Lemonade gains a few with Lemon, Citrus and Lemon-Lime mode which replaces her head with the named fruit and allows her their properties.
- What Could Have Been: Before becoming a comic series, Kyle pitched Frog Raccoon Strawberry to Nickelodeon and Frederator Studios for their series Random! Cartoons (back when it was originally going to be the 4th season of it's precursor, Oh Yeah! Cartoons) but the Frederator crew believed that Strawberry's weird demographic wouldn't give them the audience they were looking for note , making it a tough sell. So, Kyle worked around the pitch and replaced Strawberry Fields and Mall Bunny with two human characters named January O'Kaye and Melodica Brown. After several revisions, they passed on the idea but January and Novelty Cow became prominent characters in Frog Raccoon Strawberry ever since.