Webcomic: Founding Boys
Founding Boys is a Webcomic created by Marina "Jay" F. The story focuses on an Alternate Universe American Revolution. The comic retells the events of the American Revolution as a school rebellion. The story opens with Thomas Jefferson arriving the King's Colonial Academy...It used to update on Thursdays, but stopped at #51 in 2012 and hasn't started up again since.The first page can be found here.
- The Alcoholic: Benjamin Rush. But he can stop drinking any time he wants. Really.
- Anachronism Stew: George Washington is seen talking to Alexander Hamilton on the phone in one comic. Lampshaded in the author's notes.
- "And yes, people, I will occasionally break that wall and have technology in Founding Boys. It's an alternate universe; it's allowed for the sake of comedy."
- Artistic License – History: The author's notes of this comic acknowledge that John and Edward Rutledge weren't twins, but they are portrayed as such to explain them both attending school at the same time.
- Delinquents: The Sons of Liberty are portrayed as this.
- Dreadful Musician : Thomas Jefferson in the "He Plays the Violin" strip. He does play the violin— to a certain extent.
- Everything's Sexier in French : Well, Thomas Jefferson sure thinks so. From "Francophile":
- Alexander Hamilton: "Ohh, nothing. Someone told me that he gets like a weird Franco-boner when he meets French people, so I couldn't resist."
- Extracurricular Enthusiast : If stripping and running around the school naked at the mention of the Abacus Club didn't clue you in, Richard Henry Lee is one.
- Foreign Exchange Student : The Marquis de Lafayette, with all the stereotypes you'd expect.
- Marquis de Lafayette: "It eez a pleasure to make your acquaintance monsieur!"
- The Insomniac: If Benjamin Rush is to be believed, Patrick Henry hasn't slept in "about 172 days".
- Keet: James Madison.
- Large Ham: Patrick Henry.
- New Transfer Student: Thomas Jefferson.
- The Quiet One: George Washington.