Webcomic: Dungeon Damage
Dungeon Damage takes the fantasy elements of Dungeons & Dragons, and places them in an Alternate History Medieval Europe. Lots of historical and biological work shown, and the art slowly gets better. Sadly, now on indefinite hiatus, but good for an Archive Binge.Read it here.Needs Wiki Magic Love.
Provides Examples Of:
- All Trolls Are Different: There are a number of biological HandWaves for regenerating trolls— body parts designed to survive disembowelment and dismemberment, including primitive auxiliary "lungs" in the sinus cavities to keep the decapitated head alive, an oxygen-absorbing fluid throughout the body that seals wounds and prevents infection and blood loss, arteries with peristaltic pumping action, and a nervous system that produces bioelectrical pulses to control limbs physically separated from the body. The author likes to show his work.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: "May Contain Violence, Religion, and Traces of Peanuts".
- Durable Deathtrap: Lampshaded and hand waved. Most traps were built by hired Dwarves (who had much more advanced tech and durable materials than most in the Medieval European Fantasy setting) and the traps are reset by a waterwheel connected to an underground river, which turns gears to ratchet the doors etc., back to their starting position after each trap goes off. Ironically, many of the treasures protected are much more perishable than the traps themselves; papyrus scrolls or valuable spices, for example.
- Magic Ampersand: A group of Dragons play "Humans and Houses".
- Our Dragons Are Different: Of the Giant Immortal Sentient Reptile type.
- Pointy Ears: Of the jigokumimi variety.
- Schedule Slip / Orphaned Series: Six years worth of hiatus.
- Selective Obliviousness:Brother Alaud: "But sire I'm not ready, I'm only 120 years old!"King: "that's the spirit, off you go."
- Stripperiffic: Cat, a rich Spoiled Brat and part-time thrillseeking thief who dresses outrageously (by Medieval Venician standards) but finds that what looks good isn't very practical, as when she winds up on a mountaintop in a blizzard in a midriff-and-cleavage baring vest.