is a science fiction webcomic set in a post-flood world, written and drawn by Ben Fleuter
(also the author of Galactic Maximum
). It's about Dang Thu Mai, a lone scavenger living on a boat and coping with her surroundings. Complicating matters is an otherworldly fog which shrouds the world, and hides the so-called "Miasmic Races", monstrous yet intelligent beings, most of whom possess nothing but ill will for humanity.
(Please include examples on THIS page and refrain from Entry Pimping
- Anachronic Order - the chapter with Deng on board the Miasmic oil-drilling complex, which you will probably have to read at least three times to get the order right
- All There in the Manual: Ben has revealed in other projects, and on the Nothing Personal forums, much more information than the comic itself has.
- After the End
- Author Appeal: Ben is rather fascinated by the subject, to say the least.
- Chiaroscuro - as Dang chases down the stolen Pen at night
- Depleted Phlebotinum Shells: Dang uses UV crossbow bolts against Miasmic enemies.
- Disaster Scavengers
- Houseboat Hero
- Hostile Weather
- Important Haircut: Ben uses the length of Dang's hair to help indicate time passing between events; the growth is just as important as the cutting.
- Malevolent Masked Men: The humanoid Miasmic races. The masks and voluminous cloaks protect them from the sun, seeing as they're burned by ultraviolet light.
- My Species Doth Protest Too Much: Possibly. At the least, Beautiful Flower was not nearly as nasty as the other miasmic beings; she regretted stealing Dang's boat and later uttered a prayer when it appeared she killed Dang.
- Oceanic Airlines: Dang comes across a crashed passenger jet which is sporting an Oceanic Airlines logo
- Odd-Shaped Panel as wide as the strip, and wavey, to indicate that she slept a long time.
- Ominous Fog: Which is apparently not normal fog, as it may be poisonous and hides inhuman beings who are intelligent, but not, apparently, inclined to play nicely with humanity. It's also drawn in a way that resembles tentacles.
- Rule of Perception - the "UV weapons" glow a convenient neon blue
- Rule of Three: Dang ponders them, related to survival: three minutes without air, three days without water, three months without food.Then she wonders if she got it right. (Not exactly: three weeks without food is the rule.)
- Scavenger World
- Silence Is Golden: More often than not, the comic will go for whole pages with no spoken words or sounds. It's very effective at conveying a sense of isolation.
- Shout Out: Dang comes across a crashed passenger jet which is sporting an Oceanic Airlines logo.
- Skeletons In The Coat Closet
- Surrogate Soliloquy Dang laments the supply situation to Pen.