A young boy, standing as you see was given a life 13 years ago but only today will he be given a name, What shal his name be?Datastuck
is an Interactive Comic
by mark1911, published on the MS Paint Adventures
forums, which is a fan comic based on Homestuck
. Like in Homestuck
features a boy and his 3 friends as they play SBURB and face the perils of the Medium.
The comic's main draw is its... fascinating quality.
It can be read here
, or a (pretty out-of-date) mirror can be found here
Also falling under the Datastuck umbrella is the Datastuck RP
. This roleplay
, tying into Datastuck, was created by Datastuck's original author after he discontinued Datastuck proper. Things got out of Mark's hands... Really, really, fast.
Datastuck exhibits the following tropes:
- A Wizard Did It: Suggested by Epileptic Trees. "Mark obviously used magic".
- Ax-Crazy: Apparently Jess, who "kills 100000000 dolls" for no reason whatsoever.
- Disproportionate Retribution: "You nudge her on the head with a poster then she looks angry and then you get knocked out and then wake up an hour later"
- Katanas Are Just Better: Mark Roberts. He later alchemizes some sweet new weapons: the NUKEANA, ultima, and ULTINA, as well as Nukatana.
- Little "No": Used by mark1911 sometimes to refuse a command that is not to his liking.
- Original Flavour: The style mirrors the original Homestuck, at least in the beginning.
- Parental Abandonment: Mark, a 13-year-old boy, lives completely alone in his house (which, if we are to believe the author, consists of a single small room); his mother died when he was young.
- Rouge Angles of Satin
- Ship Sinking: Mark isn't gay. Neither is Jess a lesbian (or a bisexual).
- Super Strength: Mark, apparently, since he can somehow lift his Totem Lathe.
- Wanton Cruelty to the Common Comma