A young boy, standing as you see was given a life 13 years ago but only today will he be given a name, What shal his name be?Datastuck is an Interactive Comic by mark1911, published on the MS Paint Adventures forums, which is a fan comic based on Homestuck. Like in Homestuck, Datastuck features a boy and his 3 friends as they play SBURB and face the perils of the Medium.The comic's main draw is its... fascinating quality.It can be read here, or a (pretty out-of-date) mirror can be found hereAlso falling under the Datastuck umbrella is the Datastuck RP. This roleplay, tying into Datastuck, was created by Datastuck's original author after he discontinued Datastuck proper. Things got out of Mark's hands... Really, really, fast.
Datastuck exhibits the following tropes:
- A Wizard Did It: Suggested by Epileptic Trees. "Mark obviously used magic".
- Ax-Crazy: Apparently Jess, who "kills 100000000 dolls" for no reason whatsoever.
- Disproportionate Retribution: "You nudge her on the head with a poster then she looks angry and then you get knocked out and then wake up an hour later"
- Katanas Are Just Better: Mark Roberts. He later alchemizes some sweet new weapons: the NUKEANA, ultima, and ULTINA, as well as Nukatana.
- Little "No": Used by mark1911 sometimes to refuse a command that is not to his liking.
- Original Flavour: The style mirrors the original Homestuck, at least in the beginning.
- Parental Abandonment: Mark, a 13-year-old boy, lives completely alone in his house (which, if we are to believe the author, consists of a single small room); his mother died when he was young.
- Rouge Angles of Satin
- Ship Sinking: Mark isn't gay. Neither is Jess a lesbian (or a bisexual).
- Super Strength: Mark, apparently, since he can somehow lift his Totem Lathe.
- Wanton Cruelty to the Common Comma