Daddy Long Legs (not to be confused with the 1912 novel of the same name) is a webcomic focusing on anthropomorphic arthopods living in some sort of alternate-universe Victorian England, all with very long legs and very nice hats.The main characters are Mr. Harvestman, a harvestman and the comic's mascot, who is quite friendly, if a bit hungry, his friend Mr. Crane, a crane fly who does his best to endure Harvestman's behavior, and Mr. Scapegrace, a cellar spider with questionable intentions.It can be read here.
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Affably Evil: The wasp-woman has shades of this. "Would you mind terribly if I laid my eggs into you?"
- All There in the Manual: A lot of extra art, as-of-yet unseen characters, and additional details can be found on the author's deviantART account, tumblr, or the formspring for the comic.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: Really big creepy crawlies, judging by the height reference pics.
- Big Eater: Harvestman, naturally.
- Bishie Sparkle: Not in-comic, but on a character sheet for the Remington, the Rhinoceros Beetle. Probably counts as a CMOF, given the usual art style of the comic.
- Carnivore Confusion: It focuses on anthropomorphic arthropods, all of whom are sapient, so it runs into this quite a bit. In particular, Crane's aphid nanny stands out — aphids are Harvestman's Trademark Favorite Food.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: Crane seems a bit of a lightweight.
- Character Blog: They share a formspring, located here.
- Child Eater: Those poor, poor aphids...
- Cool Shades: Harvestman seems to wear them, but he's actually hiding his scary eyes behind them.
- Extra Eyes: Scapegrace's eight eyes look somewhat freaky, but then again, cellar spiders do have eight eyes arranged that way.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Harvestman has five arms, having lost one in some kind of accident.
- Gentle Giant: Remington, the Rhinoceros Beetle, seems to be this.
- Giant Spider: Come to think of it, Scapegrace is a cellar spider as tall as a small human house.
- Incurable Cough of Death: It's implied that Scapegrace's hoarse throat is actually this, given what happened to his father.
- Kick the Dog: Scapegrace's second appearance has him eating a sapient and adorable mite. Named Mr. Hutchinson!
- Remember that the mites were going to kill poor Harvestman by sucking him dry, who couldn't refuse due to his kindness, and suddenly getting rid of them doesn't seem so mean anymore. Sometimes you need people like Scapegrace to do the things you wouldn't have the heart to do.
- MS Paint: And how to use it properly.
- Nice Hat: Everyone has one. Including every single one of the mites who leech off of Harvestman.
- Only Sane Man: Crane. Poor, poor Mr. Crane.
- Petting Zoo People: Some people find the bugs cute enough to pet.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Harvestman enjoys crochet.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: The mites, the aphids, and Crane's children.
- Shout-Out: This strip has multiple to Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff.
- Stock British Phrases
- Yandere: The parasitic wasp-woman who wants to lay eggs in Harvestman, and will not take no for an answer.