"No-one ever dies one minute into a campaign"D&DS9 is a Campaign Comic hosted on ComicFury that follows the story of several Starfleet Officers, a Bajoran, a Shapeshifter and a Ferengi as they run a derelict space station. It's also the story of a group of RPG players and their DM who created a world that seems to be a lot like Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
— Sisko, tempting fate
D&DS9 contains examples of:
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Early on, Avery refers to unleashing a wrath that would make use of scorpions, lava and the entire series of 'Allo 'Allo!, should the GM turn out to be a Killer Game Master.
- Critical Hit: By the DM, who failed to notice until it was pointed out to him by Avery. That didn't work out too well.
- Failed a Spot Check: Rare DM example.
- Honor Before Reason: Avery points out the DM's failed spot check, even though it leads to a Warp Core Breach
- Magic Ampersand: The name of the work, naturally.
- Meaningful Name: The players have the same first names as the actors who played them.
- Phlebotinum Breakdown: The U.S.S. Saratoga suffers a warp breach less than two minutes into the campaign.
- Rail Roading: The DM, who is new to the role, seems to have it out for Sisko. Probably for the Rule of Drama.