Webcomic: Cut Time
Cut Time is a fantasy webcomic by Juby hosted on Hiveworks. Though it started in late 2013, it hit a major hiatus that lasted through most of '14 and '15. When Hiveworks picked it up starting in November of 2015, it returned and has been steady since, updating with a new page every Friday.It primarily follows Rel, a blind girl with a seeing-eye falcon, and her journey both past and present. The comic itself features a lot of influence from classical magic and astrology (of the non-horoscope kind).
Cut Time contains examples of:
- Action Prologue: The story begins with a terrified Rel running through a forest to escape something. Rel is dreaming of the incident where she lost her sight.
- All Just a Dream: The first half of the prologue.
- All There in the Manual: Juby had the characters of Cut Time designed long before the webcomic began. Several are featured in her artbook, complete with profiles.
- Animal Eye Spy: Rel herself is blind, but her link with Fugue allows her to see through its eyes. Unfortunately, this means that when Fugue can't see Rel, she's in the dark.
- Badass Adorable: Rel.
- Badass Pacifist: Rel.
- A Boy and His X: A girl and her bird, naturally.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Nallan may be an effective doctor, but he's definitely worthy of Solus's uncertainty in calling upon him. Apart from cheerfully making off-color jokes as he's inspecting his patients, after Solus cleans himself of the blood from Rel's wound, he returns to find Nallan holding a katana to her head.Nallan: A doctor has to have hobbies too, you know!Solus: Please don't wink at me.
- Combat Medic: Nallan.
- Cool Pet: Fugue is a seeing-eye falcon. Its status as 'pet', however, is debatable.
- Handicapped Badass: Apart from Fugue, Rel is blind. She's also capable of throwing an apple with enough precision to intercept an assassin's thrown needle, she's knowledgeable of blind spots, and she was able to save Solus from the assassin (sacrificing herself in the process). The assassin muses that if Rel weren't a pacifist, she would be a huge threat to him.
- Head Pet: Fugue. Justified, since Rel uses its eyes to see, making her head the best place to perch.
- The Hero: Rel.
- Noble Bird Of Prey: Fugue.
- Oh Crap!: Downplayed in Solus's reaction to the return of the assassin.(Solus steps outside)Assassin: That was unwise. I'll make it quick and certain this time.Solus: Ah, geez.
- Rebel Prince: Solus would much rather be a part of the working class than a noble.
- Taking the Bullet: When the assassin tries to kill Solus, Rel jumps in front of him, receiving a deep stab wound.
- Witch Doctor: Nallan's actual title.