is a webcomic
about a hockey-crazed Canadian and his two troublesome sons, Benny and Eddie. Set in Manitoba, it follows the life of Crowbar, and his wacky antics.
The comic was created by Sandy Debreuil in 2009, and is updated at least thrice weekly.
Despite being a relatively new comic, Crowbar Benson
has cossed over with other webcomics, such as Taking The Bypass
, and Crowbar has featured in such webcomics as Thatd Be Sweet
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Abusive Father: Crowbar.
- Bad Ass: Crowbar, often.
- Berserk Button: Crowbar really hates the Leafs. And Toronto in general. And people badmouthing Johnny Cash.
- The Bet: Crowbar and Dave bet over which hockey team will win the season: the Canadiens or the Leafs. Crowbar wins .
- Big "NO!": Crowbar, when Benny doesn't take the regular 'no' for an answer .
- Bumbling Dad: Crowbar.
- Canada, Eh?: The strip is set in Manitoba.
- Character Title: The comic is named after the main character.
- Convenient Coma: When Benny is hit by a car, he loses his higher brain functions but gets better .
- Cross Over: With Taking the Bypass, starting in this strip .
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Crowbar's bedtime story .
Crowbar: "Once upon a time there was a dad with two boys who never went to bed... So the dad opened a big, heavy book, put it on one boy's face and PUNCHED it REALLY hard! That way, it didn't leave any marks."
- Disproportionate Retribution: To Crowbar, mentioning the
Leafs 'L' word is punishable by electrocution .
- Drunk with Power: Crowbar, when asked to referee a game .
- Escalating War: Literally every time Benny and Eddie argue.
- Everybody Hates Mathematics: Crowbar and Benny are bad at maths.
- Glory Hound: Crowbar takes one for the team... and goes to hilarious lengths in order to let his teammates know it... but dicreetly .
- Hilariously Abusive Childhood: Crowbar does horrible, hilarious things to his kids.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Crowbar is hyper-competitive and often abusive, but ultimately is a good guy.
- Missing Mom: Eddie and Benny's mom hasn't appeared or been mentioned.
- Mundane Made Awesome: Mowing the lawn accompanied by Stephenwolf's "Born to be Wild".
- Naked People Are Funny
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Crowbar, to the point where only his last name is actually known to the readers.
- Sibling Rivalry: Eddie and Benny turn most things into a compitition. Never ends well.
- The Slacker: Crowbar.
- Small Name, Big Ego: When a reporter asks Crowbar his opinion on the government's latest budget, Crowbar gives his height, weight and position on the rink, thinking that people would actually want to call him and give him a place on their team .
- Snowball Fight: Eddie and Benny go to war with their father, with unexpected consequences.
- Spirit Advisor: Don Cherry .
- Taking You with Me: With seven seconds left on the clock, Crowbars team is down four goals. It is impossible for his team to win, so he decides that the only thing to do is take a slapshot at into their bench 
- Tin Can You Hear Me Now: Eddie and Benny scream into cans, with Crowbar litterally in the middle of it.
- The Unfavourite: When Eddie asks Crowbar which of his two sons he liked more, he replied Benny,in this strip.
- Unsportsmanlike Gloating