Webcomic / Counting
is a 7 page webcomic
written by Al Arcand
more commonly known as Mr Sticky or Mr Sticky 005, drawn by Geoff Mosse and lettered by Anthony Pierno. It is about a suspicious man in the small town of Thirston. Despite its relatively short length the comic is complete.
Counting can be read here
Tropes used include:
- Adult Fear: A newspaper article reads that deadly bacteria was found missing from a military research lab. Later the town of Thirston is poisoned by a mysterious man acting as Sanitation Engineer working on the water tower. A cop later says that the man is a Colonel, showing that their may be a connection between the missing bacteria and the fake Sanitation Engineer.
- Anyone Can Die: Not just anyone...everyone.
- Blood from the Mouth: The Police Officer and others cough up blood from drinking the contaminated water.
- Hazardous Water: Thirston's entire water supply is poisoned by the Colonel acting as a Sanitation Engineer.
- Kill It with Water: The Colonel kills everyone in the town with the town's poisoned water supply.
- Meaningful Name: Thirston. The story has quite a bit to do with water or being thirsty.
- Nothing Exciting Ever Happens Here: The town of Thirston.
- No Name Given: None of the characters are named. The main character is at one point called "Colonel" but Colonel isn't an actual name but rather a rank in the military. Aside from that only the town itself has a name—-Thirston.
- Villain Protagonist: The Colonel. He poisons an entire town of people.