"At my middle school there are three classrooms with three doors that we're not allowed in. I could just accept the explanation that it is a conjoined storage closet for those teachers, except I've never seen anyone go in them. And that's just crazy weird."Color Blind is a webcomic by Pablo (or Lucy). It is about five kids who find out about a colorful, magical world through one of the door in their school. But when they go in they end up with a lot more that they bargained for...Updates on Mondays and Fridays.
— Potato Prologue, Page 1
This Webcomic provides examples of:
- Aerith and Bob: Potato, Badger, Pecan, Brett, and Daniel. Justified, as the first three are nicknames.
- All There On The Info Page: And how.
- Art Evolution: The art gets a lot more detailed as time goes on.
- Baleful Polymorph: Potato becomes a Troll. Later, Badger and Pecan get turned into Unicorns. Later still, Brett is turned into a Faerie. Daniel is now the only one who's still human, though that could change at any time too.
- Big "NO!": Ling lets one out when she realizes that her father is dead.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: The colors of magic in Aerth.Rin: There are seven colors of magic in [this] world; Red; strength, and the mountains. Orange; protection, and the beasts. Yellow; healing, and the trees. Green; the mind, and the speakers. Blue; weather, and the clouds. Violet; movement, and the insects. Grey; ruleless.
- Grey is actually more about transformation than destruction; Inheritance is connected to it, as are the portals to the kids' world and even the kids' world itself. The Upyrs came into being after Daichi transformed himself into one using grey magic, and the High Mages were once fearful of grey magic polluting and changing the original six colors.
- Emergency Transformation: An unintended side effect of Askell possessing Potato to save her from Hat. The process accidentally turns her into a Troll, something Askell clearly didn't think would happen. It's possible though, given Etsuo's involvement with Brett's transformation into a Faerie, that it might not have actually been his fault though.
- Fin Gore: Happens with surprising regularity. Potato, Badger, Pecan, and Brett all lose one of their fingers and toes when they become like the four-fingered inhabitants of Aerth. The Greek member of the original three travelers to visit Aerth from Earth has her fingerstips cut off by Askell. And Daichi's index and middle fingers are seen gruesomely splitting apart when he changes from a four-fingered Unicorn to a five-fingered Upyr.
- Go Out with a Smile: The king after giving away the Inheritance. Nameless, the Green High Mage also dies smiling when he realises Quinn will replace him.
- Golem: Hat is one. So is Twee.
- Jumping Off the Slippery Slope: Daichi and Dato start learning grey magic, which despite all the warnings seems harmless enough. Then after their teachers are chased away, Dato steals the Inheritance by tricking his dying mother into thinking he is her older son, denying his family the chance to say goodbye. An enraged Daichi tries to use grey magic to get it back, turning himself and his soldiers into the monsters that would later be known as the Upyrs, killed his brother (he got better), ate someone, then tried to kill his own sister when she refused his invitation to change into the same thing. Wow.
- Our Monsters Are Different: definitely.
- All Trolls Are Different: they're an eight-foot, mountain-dwelling Proud Warrior Race with large horns and cow tails.
- Our Dragons Are Different: in Aerth they're just your garden variety Lizard Folk with a caste system and a focus on the arts.
- Our Fairies Are Different: five-foot tall, tailed, noseless people who walk digitigrade. And have teal-to-blue skin and blue or purple hair.
- Our Goblins Are Different: a race of doglike Beast Men who are quite technologically minded.
- Harpies are a Hidden Elf Village race of birdlike Winged Humanoids.
- Unicorns are a Vietnamese-inspired satyr-like race with donkeylike ears, legs, and tails. They have two horns rather than one; their ancestors had one horn in the past, but it was lost through interbreeding with the trolls.
- Our Elves Are Better: The Upyrs, meanwhile, are human-like in appearance, with black hair, pointed ears, and deer-like antlers (generally). They're incongruous to the other races of Aerth because they aren't natural to that world and came about indirectly as a result of a failed first contact between Humans and Unicorns back in at least the Antiquity era.
- Really Was Born Yesterday: Hat was created only a month ago. It ... shows.
- Sibling Rivalry: Lee and Ling... aren't on the best terms. This culminates in Ling beating Lee into a bloody pulp. Mirrored by Daichi and Dato after Dato stole Daichi's Inheritance. The brothers have spent the past (implied to be) thousand years trying to kill one another permanently.
- Would Hurt a Child: Ling has no qualms about hurting Badger and Pecan. Dato has no qualms about sending Hat to attack the rest.