Webcomic: Circa After The Apocalypse
Circa ATA: After the Apocalypse is a post-apocalyptic webcomic created by Markus Rajala, running from 2009 to 2013.The comic was set into the unspecified time after the apocalypse on Earth devastates the surface of the planet and blots out the sun in a perpetual darkness, but the dust has settled prior to the events of the comic itself. Humanity has gathered into city states, small villages plagued by roaming bands of raiders, thugs and mutants.The main storyline followed the tale of Roy, a youth trying to make his fortune in the big city.
Provides Examples Of:
- All There in the Manual: Most of the character bios fill out the blanks.
- After the End: Foregone conclusion.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: Jump bugs.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: 3G seems to be fond of these.
- Debut Queue
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: The extra comics, as well as several easter eggs in the main comic.
- False Flag Operation: Moretti pulls one of these.
- Fantastic Racism: Sid sure hates his mutants.
- Flashback Effects: Sepia tones
- Framing Device: Old Herb, the storytelling banton.
- The Croc Is Ticking: Jump bugs.
- Hired Guns: Al Friendly and Marv.
- Jerk Ass: Sid
- Offscreen Reality Warp: Sid takes a bite out of his ratburger. With his gasmask on.
- Off Model
- Only One Name: Most of the cast.
- Parental Abandonment: The hero, as well as his adopted siblings.
- Posthumous Character: 'Lucky' Luc
- Scavenger World
- Schedule Slip
- Shout-Out: Several, usually in the background.
- Tap on the Head: With no apparent brain damage whatsoever.
- The Faceless: Sid and Marv.
- Those Two Bad Guys: Al Friendly and Marv, the duo of snazzily dressed hitmen.