Webcomic: Chameleon Charm
Describe 'Chameleon Charm' here.Well...It's a webcomic by Forte-girl7 about Veronica’s journey to retrieve her brother and bring him home, with the help of Ferdinand, a traveling merchant from the past who’s spirit was sealed within the body of a chameleon statue. He’s awakened thanks to an accident involving Veronica’s older brother, Sigel, which also releases the spirit of an old-time war hero who possesses the young man. However, the hero is not as heroic as the story passed down the generations have said and it becomes a quest to not only save Veronica’s older brother, but to keep the ambitious solider from carrying out his plans for conquest and destruction. It updates every Tuesday at Cup of Comics. This series is trope heavy so beware of spoilers.The link to the comic is here.
Tropes involving this series include:
- All There in the Manual: The comic's tumblr and the artist's Deviantart have all sorts of supplementary information, from a giant map of the country that this all takes place in to character info.
- Animal Motifs: Ferdinand's is a chameleon, Veronica's is a mouse, as noted here.
- Dismantled MacGuffin: Ferdinand and Veronica have to travel around Variel to get the Shadow Charms before Sigfried in Sigel gets them.
- Foreshadowing: Veronica says that she wants to see a Shadow Charm. Wonder if that might happen later...?
- Fourth Wall Mail Slot: Found here.
- MacGuffin Title