After getting kidnapped and dragged halfway across the world, a scaredy-cat named Vector finds himself a long, long way from home. Now, with the help of a short-tempered bounty hunter, a happy-go-lucky cartographer, and many more unlikely friends, he has to try to make it home in one piece.Castoff is a fantasy adventure webcomic by Star that began in 2015 and currently updates on Mondays and Fridays.
Castoff contains examples of:
- Action Girl: Arianna is ready and able to fight and win.
- Bait the Dog: Arianna is one of the first strangers to treat Vector nicely, only to turn right around, break into his house the following night, and kidnap him. She's none too gentle about it either.
- Break the Cutie: Not two chapters in and the world already seems dead set on breaking Vector.
- Glowing Eyes: Vector's eyes are constantly aglow, but they glow even more intensely when his power is unleashed. They also appear to have an unsettling effect on the majority of people who look into them. Also applies to Arianna, however hers fall more under...
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: Arianna's eyes glow when she uses her magic, and if she's about to use magic that usually means someone's in for a bad time.
- Happily Adopted: Ms. Jacobs isn't Vector's birth mother, but they clearly love each other as much as any blood-related parent and child would.
- Hard Light: The Shame Cube appears to be made of this. 
- Instant Runes: Examples of this are seen everywhere, from the prologue to Arianna's main method of magic.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Sure Arianna beat up and kidnapped Vector, but she also wasn't so keen on leaving him to die, both at the fortress, and in the woods.
- Magic Missile Storm: Arianna's primary offensive spell.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Arianna to Vector.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Arianna seems to have a moment of this when she realises Vector will be put to death.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Vector was living a peaceful life and not bothering anyone with his existence until Arianna came along and not only made life harder for him, but also for herself.
- Power Crystal: Arianna wears one around her neck. It acts as either the source, or an enhancer for her magical powers. Doubles as a bag of holding, and a communication device.
- Power Glows: Vector's entire being glows like the sun when he explodes with power.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: If Arianna's eyes start glowing red, she's probably about to kick your ass with magic.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: Vector. Not only gold, but glowing.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Vector doesn't want to team up with his kidnapper, but he also doesn't want to die alone in the woods.