Webcomic: Braceface Fangface
Trading in the braces..for the undead!
A Fan Web Comic
featuring the characters of Braceface
, it featured on the vampire-centic site Vamp You as well as Drunk Duck
The comic has Sharon Spitz and her group making friends with a boy named Stormy after he runs into Sharon one day at school. After hanging out with the bunch for a few days, Stormy invites them back to his house since he has it to himself after his parents go off on a trip.
To say the least, the group end up finding out more about Stormy than they wish, and most won't make it out without a new hunger for blood. As those that fall to Storm's fangs, increasing HIS evergrowing army of undead and becoming instantly loyal to him, the survivors try to escape to warn the town. But even then it might not be enough to stop them, especially going up against former friends and family who are now monsters. Can Sharon and her remaining friends save Elkford before everyone in town gains their own pearly canines, bloodlust, and animalistic nature while submitting to Stormy's undead rule?
A great read if you're a fan of Braceface, vampires, or both in general. Can be read on Drunk Duck
as well as Vamp You
and most recently Smack Jeeves
Has a spin-off: Brock Of The Undead
List of tropes from the comic include:
- Crash-Into Hello: How Sharon and Stormy first meet. It's even the title of that page.
- Kiss of the Vampire: Brock gives Maria this before he feeds on her.
- Pointy Ears: An indication if someones undead. Usually shown when the characters are about to feed, otherwise they revert them to normal looking ears.
- Shout-Out: To many things vampire related. Brock's vamping is scene for scene of Bart's in The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror 4. Storm quotes Bram Stoker's Dracula just before he bites him. And Sharon finding Nina chained to a wall is reminiscent of a scene from Dracula: The Satanic Rites (a.k.a Dracula and his Vampire Bride).
- Sliding Scale of Vampire Friendliness: Storm actully quite friendly with the characters despite his undead status He only turns Brock cause he and Maria had found his harem room and knew they would warn the others and expose his secret. He mentions he wasn't even going to bite them. And even after Brock joins, Storm still treat him like a friend, even chastising him for acting like a mindless monster when he trying to feed on Maria before coaching him on how to do it right.
- Transhuman Treachery: Brock when he's turned into a vampire, instantly fitting in with Storm's coven. The fact that it's most made up of girls and that he could potentially have his own harem may also have something to do with it.
- Unsound Effect: "CHANGE"
- Vampire Monarch: Storm of course