Webcomic / Blood Money Boogie
What is Blood Money Boogie? Simply: Violence. Lots and lots of violence. Blood Money Boogie is a DeviantArt
-based comic by "Ranfield." It follows the adventures of a male and female mercenary in a unit of mercenaries. And they are hardly heroes. Expect plenty of bloodshed and an equal amount of dark comedy.Blood Money Boogie
can be found here
Tropes in Blood Money Boogie include:
- Ambiguously Brown: Vassily. Half-Russian, half-Afghani, his skin tone is more than a few shades darker than a light tan.
- Armor Is Useless: Subverted. Horribly subverted, but also lampshaded. Vassily has to wear a plate carrier under his assault vest because he refuses to wear a more "traditional" vest like the rest of the Trading Company.
- Awesome, but Impractical: Vassily likes to wear an M33 assault vest. While stylish, it provides no actual protection, thus necessitating that he wears a plate carrier underneath.
- Ax-Crazy: Sadie. Very much so.
- BFG: The Destroyer.
- Blood Knight: Sadie.
- Blue and Orange Morality: Vassily.
- Boom, Headshot: Happens occasionally.
- Break Out the Museum Piece: One of the pair's primary long-range weapons in Somalian Samba is a scoped Mosin-Nagant. Aside from that, much of Vassily's choice in equipment tends to verge on this mostly because he prefers older equipment.
- Bulletproof Vest: As mentioned, both of them wear vests, and they work. But Vassily is more encumbered thanks to his preference for wearing an assault vest.
- Character Blog: Run by a background character, but serves to explain how it all sort of comes together. Abandoned.
- Cold Sniper: Vassily.
- Cool Guns: Very much so, although the pair tend to use more exotic equipment more frequently.
- Designated Hero: Vassily and Sadie.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Possibly one of the few redeeming factors of the two protagonists.
- Feel No Pain: Vassily.
- Friendly Sniper: Sadie. Although she's more of a "Psychopathic Sniper" than anything else...
- Good Old Ways: One of the primary differences between Vassily and Sadie when it comes to choosing dakka. Sadie likes the shiny new things while Vassily displays a general distrust of anything younger than he is.
- Grim Dark: Passes over straight into Black Comedy.
- HSQ: It occurs.
- Kick the Dog: No witnesses.
- Knife Nut: Sadie.
- Meaningful Name: Played with. Vassily al-Rahman is not peaceful, and Sadie Goodheart is a psychopath.
- Mood Whiplash: Yes.
- More Dakka: Yes.
- Omnicidal Maniac: Sadie.
- Pet the Dog: Kind of.
- Pretty Little Headshots: Only with the Whitney Wolverine considering that it's a .22 LR pistol. Everything else is guaranteed to only occasionally leave dental records.
- Punch-Clock Villain: Sadie doesn't particularly care if you were just doing this to pay for your kids' college fund.
- Retired Badass: Uncle Chandy.
- Rule of Cool: Yep.
- Scenery Gorn: Yes, Somalia does look like that.
- Shout-Out: Occasionally.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism vs. Cynicism: Strongly cynical.
- The Lad-ette: Sadie.
- The Stoic: Vassily.
- War Is Hell: Indeed.
- Your Head A-Splode: The Destroyer. It's a sniper rifle that fires autocannon shells. Do the math.