Webcomic / Biter Comics
is a Web Comic
featuring no repeating characters or coherent story line in lieu of simple stand alone jokes. Subjects vary widely and are often handled less than delicately, meaning sensitive viewers may wish to avert their eyes.
Updates: Sundays and Wednesdays
Author: Kevin K.
Safe For Work?: Sometimes.
Provides examples of:
- Alt Text: Every comic features hover text either adding to the joke or offering some commentary on the work.
- Black Comedy: Many of the jokes presented in the comics center around death or serious injury, often of children, as well as other normally serious issues.
- Saving the Orphanage: The orphanage owner must find a way to create more orphans if he wishes to stay in business.
- N-Word Privileges: A white guy's black friend explains to him why it's not okay for him to say the n-word.
- Stock Costume Traits: Doctors, scientists, firefighters, and so on have easily recognizable outfits.
- Visual Pun: "hang it up." is used just before a character hangs himself, and "cold shoulder" is used prior to throwing liquid nitrogen onto another character's back.
- Freak Lab Accident: Inverted. A character purposely pours chemicals all over himself believing it will give him superpowers, but is disappointed when it does not. He believed it would work as well as it did for a co-worker who gained superpowers after a lab accident.
- Bad Santa: Santa contemplates harvesting organs from his elves to fulfill kids' wishes, and later is libeled as an animal abusing global warming supporting monster.
- Vomit Discretion Shot: An onomatopoeia is used to convey the sound just prior to what will likely be the appearance of vomit.
- Nazi Grandpa: A prospective job candidate learns his new boss may at the very least be a nazi sympathizer.
- Flexible Tourney Rules: A competitor in a scrabble tournament finds a loophole in the rules.
- Talk Like a Pirate: A pirate finds a new use for his pirate speak on land.
- Insurance Fraud: Immediately proceeding a car accident, a man tries to buy car insurance over his phone.
- Named Weapons: A samurai preparing to fight explains to his foe how doomed he is, as he faces the mighty Giumetsu, The Soul Taker.
- Knights and Knaves: A two headed tree that guards the safe path out of the forest attempts to use this old riddle, although he proves to be not particularly good at it.
- Back to Front: Panel 1 features someone getting a corpse hurled at them. Panels 2 and 3 shed some light on the events that led to this outcome.
- Thrown Out the Airlock: The captain of a spaceship orders a prisoner's execution in this manner. A crew member obliges in a bit too literal sense, attempting to actually throw the prisoner out.
- Would Hurt a Child: A fully grown man fights his way through the pack and scores a goal... in a youth league soccer game.
- Gingerbread House: A witch attempts to lure children into her gingerbread house, but is disappointed when they go for her neighbor's much tastier junk food house.
- Lazy Bum: A man contemplates getting up to answer the phone, but decides he better let it ring several more times to make sure it's important.
- Train Problem: A boy fails to answer the problem in time and is faced with the consequences of his negligence.
- Toad Licking: A princess thinks she's finally found her frog prince, but it turns out to just be a bad trip.
- Drawing Straws leading to No Party Like a Donner Party: Young friends draw straws to decide who to eat when they get stuck out in the snow with no food, although we soon find out the direness may have been exaggerated.
- Worst News Judgment Ever: The local news covers the hard hitting story of... the couple that's been married for a long time.
- First Father Wins: A father attempts to win his son's love... by sabotaging his relationship with his new stepdad through detailed lies of his evildoing.
- Arbitrarily Large Bank Account: A new employee at a company is given an unlimited expense account. He quickly puts it to use, buying the company.
- Bad Cop/Incompetent Cop: A hit and run is reported and one officer seems eager to go take care of it, right after he hoses a bit of blood off his car.
- Fortune Teller: A local psychic is killed and the cops working the case ponder how she didn't see this coming. She ultimately gets the last laugh.
- Juggling Dangerously: A man attempts to juggle some chainsaws on a dare. It doesn't go so well for those around him.