Webcomic: Between the Lines
Between The Lines is a comic about a group of transgender teens. Main characters, Shay and Dani must simultaneously navigate the challenges of adolescence, while also dealing with complicated issues related to gender and identity.The author has decided to discontinue the webcomic, but will be publishing the series on paper. The webcomic pages can be found on their DeviantArt. As of March 2015, the strip is on hiatus and while it is unknown when it will continue, the author has stated that the comic hasn't been scrapped and that she's planning to work on different projects for the time being .For the British Internal Affairs police procedural of the same title, see Between the Lines. For the comic strip of the same name, see Between the Lines
- Abusive Parents: Dani has parents of this kind.
- All There in the Manual: Several characters that have not yet been introduced have art with names tagged to them on several extra areas of the comic site.
- Attempted Suicide: Dani.
- Cast Full Of LGBT: So far there are three reoccuring trans girls, one minor trans girl, and one cis lesbian.
- Continuity Reboot: The comic was changed three times throughout its run. The first chapter started in 2006, although most of it was lost excluding two pages. Then it was rebooted into 4 new chapters between 2007-2011, to which Chapter 4 was never completely finished. Between Late July and Early August of 2014, 7 pages for the new reboot were released online. As of March 2015, the series has been placed on hiatus .
- Innocently Insensitive: Dani calls Shay an "Anglo-Latino" once which really pisses her off. She apologizes afterwards.
- Not So Different: Nikki and Shay.
- Perky Goth: Pretty much all the characters are goth and most are as happy as any teenager. Dani is the main exception but she certainly has her reasons to be moody. Her gender dysphoria, abusive parents, lack of friends, and the fact she's bullied even cause her to attempt suicide.
- Self-Harm: Dani is implied to have cut herself in the past.
- Slice of Life: Unlike other transsexual webcomics, this strip is much more down to earth and takes its issues seriously, with limited amount of humor.
- Transsexual: Both Shay and Dani are both trans girls.
- Trans Equals Gay: Dani thought she was a gay boy before coming to terms with being trans. She's confused about her sexuality but leans on "male attracted".
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: At age 13 the protagonists both exhibit this. Dani is implied to be sexually active and has used drugs while Shay dresses in a manner which makes her mother uncomfortable.