Webcomic: Between The Lines
Between The Lines is a comic about a group of transgender teens. Main characters, Shay and Dani must simultaneously navigate the challenges of adolescence, while also dealing with complicated issues related to gender and identity.The author has decided to discontinue the webcomic, but will be publishing the series on paper. The webcomic pages can be found on their DeviantArt. As of March 2015, the strip is on hiatus and while it is unknown when it will continue, the author has stated that the comic hasn't been scrapped and that she's planning to work on different projects for the time being .For the British Internal Affairs police procedural of the same title, see Between The Lines. For the comic strip of the same name, see Between The Lines
- Abusive Parents: Danny/Dani has some. Kevin/Shay's father is more "an ass" than outright physically abusive.
- All There in the Manual: several characters not yet introduced have art with names tagged to them on several extra areas of the comic site.
- Continuity Reboot: The comic was changed three times throughout its run. The first chapter started in 2006, although most of it was lost excluding two pages. Then it was rebooted into 4 new chapters between 2007-2011, to which Chapter 4 was never completely finished. Between Late July and Early August of 2014, 7 pages for the new reboot were released online. As of March 2015, the series has been placed on hiatus .
- Not So Different: Nicholas/Nikki and Kevin/Shay.
- Slice of Life: Unlike other transsexual webcomics, this strip is much more down to earth and takes its issues seriously, with limited amount of humor.
- The Woobie: Dani is this in a nutshell. Constantly abused at home and school and treated ridiculed by his parents for cross-dressing.
- Trans Sexual: Both Shay and Dani are both transsexual girls.
- Trans Equals Gay: To an extent with Kevin himself as he thought he was gay before having gender confusion.