Webcomic / Becoming Blizzard
A Coming-Out Story
Webcomic written by Rondall Carson. The story centers around the titular character, Blizzard
; an over-weight, sci-fi loving, sports-watching bear coming to terms with his homosexuality and exploring it.
- Blizzard Eisbear - The titular lead, and Straight Gay. He likes Bear Trek, The Gladiator Movie, and collecting rare action figures.
- Rufus D. Bear - One of Blizzard's room-mates. He usually only has one thing on his mind: Boobs.
- Jim Bruin - Blizzard's flamboyently gay co-worker and friend.
- B.C. (Trevor Bruin) - Blizzard's other roomie. Jim's older brother
- Bob Bruinson - A friend of Jim's that Blizzard really hit it off with.
- Lucibear - The Devil.
- Charlie Chinn - A daddy bear into S&M.
- Greg B?- Charlie's lover and slave. Hates clothing.
- Abhorrent Admirer: Played for Laughs in the Enter The Devil storyline.
- All Guys Want Cheerleaders: Rufus specifically
- Answers to the Name of God:
Rufus: Oh my God!
Lucibear: Wrong deity, dumbass.
- Berserk Button: BC's Big Brother Instinct is his button. Just try calling Jim a faggot and see what happens 1◊.
- Big Beautiful Man
- Butch Lesbian: Rufus incurs the wrath of one.
- Camp Gay: Jim. Hilariously lampshaded in his character bio.
Orientation: Flaming Queen.
- Cast Full of Gay: Most of the cast is gay.
- Cheshire Cat Grin
- Closet Key: Jim and Bob. Also Greg & Scott from this strip◊.
- Coming-of-Age Story
- Coming-Out Story
- Completely Missing the Point: Rufus was when Blizzard mentioned there are consequences when dealing with Lucibear.
- Deadpan Snarker: Blizzard, B.C., and Bob (to an extent)
- Deal with the Devil: Rufus had one
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Played for laughs, when Lucibear suffers a Groin Attack from Rufus.
- Direct Demographic
- Editorial Synaesthesia
- Flamboyant Gay: JIM!
- Furry Comic
- Good Eyes, Evil Eyes
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal: The whole cast. Though oddly their dicks appear as soon as they take off the shirts.
- Have You Tried Not Being a Monster?
- Het Is Ew: Played for laughs.
- Ho Yay: HO YAY! Of course it's homoerotic, it's a gay comic!
- Interrupted Intimacy: Blizzard's mother tries to prove to her sister that her son is not gay by opening the door to Blizzard's room without warning, surprising Bob and Blizzard in the middle of having sex.
Arctica: Well yes, Blanche. That would be the perfect example of gay to me. And an excellent example of why we should knock before entering your son's room.
- Jizzed in My Pants: Happens to Blizzard once he sees Bob without his shirt on.
- Lipstick Lesbian
- Our Vampires Are Different: Apparently getting bit by a gay vampire doesn't turn you into another vampire, it turns you gay.
- Our Werebeasts Are Different: Amadeus' ex-boyfriend, a bear, turns into a human when there is a full moon.
- Straight Gay: Blizzard and Bob, the latter only having one girly trait (Bob fears Spiders and Mice). Charlie too but not so sure about Greg just yet.
- Take a Third Option: Rufus practically says this when the devil offers to sell him an antidote to the lesbian-attracting cologne for his soul.
- The Bear: Quite literally, and figuratively, for most of the cast.
- The Twink: Jim fits this, in the physical sense.
- Transparent Closet: Blizzard is in one according to Jim. Later confirmed by Blizzard's aunt Arctica, who tells him that his homosexuality was known to his entire family (except for his mother, who somehow managed to miss all the obvious cues until she finally walked in on Blizzard and Bob having sex).
- Vampires Own Nightclubs: Amadeus' tomb is a huge gay nightclub.