is a Korean webcomic
by Ha Il-kwon. It is a Coming-of-Age Story
of high school student Yun Ai note
who, due to her unfortunate living situation, must work part-time jobs to scrape by for herself and her younger sister while maintaining exceptional grades in hopes of a better future. She wishes to grow up quickly and put the hardships of life behind her.
One day, she encounters the rumoured magician that wanders the shut down amusement park. Sensing his trustworthiness, she soon becomes drawn to him in spite of his shortcomings, like his childish outlook on life, and rumours of his possibly tainted past. Yun Ai comes to realize with the magician's help that she has bigger dreams than merely living a typical life and that she must follow her own path if she ever wants to find true happiness.
This comic is hosted on Naver in its original Korean
and translated into English
This works contains examples of:
- Alpha Bitch
- Always Someone Better: Na Il-deung is in South Korea's 0.01% top students, however in school, Ai still manages to best him in Math.
- Additionally for Na Il-deung, the magician managed to catch Ai's attention first, leaving him behind to scheme of ways to impress her.
- Anatomy Anomaly
- Be Yourself
- Bland-Name Product
- Burning with Anger: Na Il-deung is frequently shown like this.
- Clingy Jealous Girl
- Dirty Old Man
- Disappeared Dad
- Distant Finale
- Don't Think. Feel
- Eye-Obscuring Hat: The Magician
- Faceless Masses
- Gonk: Na Il-deung isn't even drawn like a human. After his Character Development, he's drawn how he actually appears, and it turns out he doesn't look strange at all.
- Gossipy Hens
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Yun Ai just wants to have her money woes disappear and live life like everyone else does.
- Insecure Love Interest
- Iron Woobie: Yun Ai
- Lazy Bum: The Magician is suspected as being this. This is especially convincing given his carefree attitude.
- Maybe Magic, Maybe Mundane: Although it comes down mostly on the side of 'mundane' later on, there's still a few things, like the talking bird and Yun Ai's last trick, which aren't explained.
- Mysterious Past: The Magician, of course. It turns out he has an extremely mundane background, one that heavily mirrors Na Il-deung's story.
- Mysterious Protector
- Mysterious Watcher
- Old Friend
- Paper People: Na Il-deung in chapter 1 when he's craning his neck to catch a glimpse of Ai.
- The Magician in chapter 6 after he gets beaten up by the debt collector's cronies. He's on the ground crumpled up like paper.
- Parental Abandonment
- Relationship Upgrade
- Sharp-Dressed Man: The Magician
- Shrinking Violet: Yun Ai
- The Charmer
- The Not-Love Interest
- Troubled, but Cute
- Why Can't I Hate You?