Webcomic: Amy In Wonderland
Amy in Wonderland is a comic written and drawn by Knuckles Silver Love and Red-Madness. It features characters from Sonic the Hedgehog. The story places Amy in a world based upon Lewis Carroll's books and movies based on them.The plot starts with Amy and Sonic having a picnic in the park, but when Sonic goes and it takes more than a while to come back, Amy gets bored and sees a white rabbit resembling Silver. The girl follows him out of curiosity and then falls Down the Rabbit Hole, change into a blue Alice-esque dress included. After a while of meeting people that look like her friends, Amy is trying to find a way back home and inwardly thinking Sonic said the truth in the ending of Sonic & the Black Knight.Despite having elements from Alice in Wonderland, the comic provides original events and story. After an issue, the comic was withdrawn from the web for 10 months, and with the permission of Red-Madness, a fanfic version was written by Angelath13. The comic has come back in the web in September of 2013.The Fan Fiction gives an Alternate Ending.Also has two Spin-Off comics: Valentine's Special a sort of prequel to the comic focusing in Spirit and Rei's love; and Eternal Wings that shows Rei's early days with his family.
The comic gives examples of the following tropes:
- Accidental Misnaming: Everyone calls Amy “Alice” even when she insists she is not. After a while she just gets used to it.
- Beware The Cute Ones: Tweddle Dum & Dee (Cream & Cheese) and the White Rabbit (Silver) certainly can fight very well on their own.
- Big Bad: The Queen of Hearts/Red Queen.
- Black Eyes of Evil: Subverted and played straight. Besides the villain, all the characters get black eyes with color pupils in their “Battle Mode”.
- Break His Heart to Save Him: Spirit had to break Rei's heart to keep him safe. Unfortunaly for him, doesn't work.
- Sequel Hook: Sonic eats Mad Hatter's “good bye gift” to Amy, (an “Eat Me” cake) and ends as a giant without the drink to reverse it.
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: Rei dies in Mad Hatter's arms after he uses his powers. At least in the fanfic, he gets better.
- Down the Rabbit Hole: Amy falls in one following the white rabbit in the comic, seeing a piano in the air and getting a blue dress after going through a window.
- Everyone Calls Him Barkeep: Only Amy, Rei, Chou, Spirit, Grace, and somewhat A.C. have proper names.
- God Save Us from the Queen!: The Queen of Hearts, she even managed to put some of Mad Hatter's allies against him by blackmailing them. In the fanfic, being the Red Queen, she killed the Queen and King of Hearts, with the help of the former White King.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Mad Hatter and March Hare are as close as Sonic and Tails.
- Is It Something You Eat?: When Amy explains her story to the Hatter and the Hare, he says this at the mention of Sonic:Mad Hatter: What's a Sonic? Can you eat it? Is it delicious? Give me some!Amy: You can't eat him.Mad Hatter (mad): Cheap.
- Love at First Sight: It's implied that Mad Hatter fell in love with Rei after just meeting him for the first time.
- Nice Hat: The Mad Hatter's, which has missiles, a knife, a magic price ticket, and a bond that he can use to keep captive his enemies.
- Conservation of Ninjutsu: In the first battle, they were Cheshire Cat, White Rabbit, Amy, and the Tweedles, against Spirit alone. Then subverted when Claude and Loss join the fight.
- Off with His Head!: The Queen of Hearts (or Red Queen in the fanfic), said this when an offer from her is rejected.
- Ominous Floating Castle: The Queen of Hearts', zig zagged. When she leaves the castle with her.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: When the Hatter gets angry, his eyes change from green to red.
- Split-Personality Makeover: When the Mad Hatter becomes Red Madness his clothes changes from green to red and has markings on his face. Also, his expression shows little to no emotion.
- Super-Powered Alter Ego: Spirits even gets terrified when he realizes that he only used 5% of his total power.
- Sleepy Head: The Bee-Mouse is most of the time sleeping in a tea cup.
- Trapped in Another World: Amy's only goal is to get back to her world, that's the reason she helped the Mad Hatter to stop the Queen.
- Worthy Opponent: The Mad Hatter to Spirit.
- Yaoi Genre: The only pairings are Spirit/Rei and Mad Hatter/Rei.
- You Said You Would Let Them Go: Is revealed that Spirit only joined the Queen because she said Rei would be safe.
Tropes associated with the fanfic only:
- All Just a Dream: Amy got so bored waiting for Sonic that she fell asleep.
- Gender Flip: The Dodo is a female named Grace.
- Greater Scope Villain: The Black King, the one who helped the Red Queen to kill her husband.
- Jerkass With A Heart Of Gold: The Griffin, definitely. He says the next line protecting the Marmoleum from Amy and the others:Griffin: “You deserve to die after betraying us, Claude and Spirit. And it seems like the Time didn't punished Mad Hatter and March Hare enough!”
- Lighter and Softer: The author takes out most of the bloody content.
- Pragmatic Adaptation: In the very first paragraph there is already a little change in the story, and also adds two new characters, A.C. and Chou.
- The High Queen: The White Queen, whose return is waited for everyone.
- The Power of Love: With White Queen's magic help, thanks to Mad Hatter and Rei's love for each other, the latter is resuscitated.
- Title: The Adaptation: Parodied. The fanfic literally is titled '“Amy in Wonderland: The Adaptation”.
- We Used to Be Friends: Everyone working for the queen turns out to be Mad Hatter's former allies.