Aikonia is a webcomic based on a not-yet-released game by the same name. It chronicles the tribulations of a magic school through various plots among the staff and a possible disturbance in the source of magic itself. Drawn by Katie Tiedrich, presenting something of a contrast between the serious plot and her usually comedic art style.On November 4th, 2011, the team surpassed their funding goal for their Kickstarter campaign to help print the first chapter of the series.
Includes examples of:
- Alien Sky: The world of Magic.
- Ambition Is Evil: Solaris
- And possibly evil!Ariel, depending on what exactly she's up to.
- Aura Vision: Whatever Ariel has turned into seems to have this, and uses it to single students out for some nefarious purpose.
- Beard of Evil: Callisto, apparently
- Feelies: One of the Kickstarter rewards is a graduation degree signed by Solaris, in an envelope with a wax seal bearing his insignia.
- From Bad to Worse: You think Syd's death is bad? Try again a chapter later.
- Demonic Possession: Ariel's apparent condition. Whether the real Ariel is still in there is unknown.
- In the Hood: *Every* character has a hood, apparently. Not surprising for a bunch of mages.
- Magical Society
- The Magocracy
- Shock and Awe: One of the most prevalent forms of magic so far. Notably was used by Ariel to kill Syd.
- Taken for Granite: Used to preserve Syd's body.
- Time Skip: After the portal is closed, magic is deemed too hazardous to use and the means to use it are sealed away. A long time later, an adventuring party find the overgrown ruins of the magic academy.
- Wham Episode: When evil!Ariel throws Solaris through the Magicka portal at the end of Chapter II. The effects of this are still being felt now.
- Wizarding School
- Written Sound Effect: Representing some of the only moments of levity in the series, Aikonia employs some ridiculous written sounds. Examples include CLOMK, FLAPPLE, and FOONT.
- You Gotta Have Pink Hair: Among other mostly normal hair colors, Ariel's hair stands out.
- As does Cyril's. When you manage to catch a glimpse of it under his hood, it appears to be a dark teal.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Said in verbatim to Solaris by evil!Ariel.